Country House WIP

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
bytor
SketchUp: 18

Country House WIP

Post by bytor » Tue May 04, 2010 1:08 am

A WIP of a Country House I have been working on when I have time. This is a shot to the Central Courtyard over the pool / hot tub. Lot's of tweaks to go - but here is one straight TwiR image and 1 composite. Let me know what you think!

Bytor
Attachments
Straight TwiR - Easy-8
Straight TwiR - Easy-8
5SH_VIEW-16.jpg (430.05 KiB) Viewed 11748 times
Compopsite
Compopsite
5SH_VIEW-16-COMP.jpg (502.64 KiB) Viewed 11745 times

Boofredlay
SketchUp: 2014

Re: Country House WIP

Post by Boofredlay » Tue May 04, 2010 2:25 am

I like these very much Bytor, especially the composite one. One thing that stands out is that most of the building is in shadow. If this is not a real project with true sun placement as a factor I would change the sun location and get more of the rendering in sunlight.

Stu

Post by Stu » Tue May 04, 2010 3:33 am

Hi ,
Looks pretty nice!

My feeling is that the overlay in the second image is a bit heavy.

I think some more reflections in the windows and conservatory glass [and maybe something in the background that could be reflected].....maybe some furniture etc in the conservatory?.......and it would be good to see what is happening with the pool as well :)....and maybe some greenery around the house?

But I realise its a WIP....so look forward to more images!!

olishea

Post by olishea » Tue May 04, 2010 10:22 am

I would change the sun location and get more of the rendering in sunlight.
i agree entirely with eric's comments here. would make a huge difference.

why are some of the windows white?

nice background by the way ;)
Oli

flipya
SketchUp: 7

Post by flipya » Wed May 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Nice design, and nice render. Is this a 'my perfect home' kind of project? People above me have said some good stuff. Only thing I'd like to add is, designwise, add a fireplace to the central part of the house. A country house feels even more 'country' when you heat it by means of dead treas, and having fireplaces at the very tips of the house would make for a really cold center area ;)
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

bytor

Post by bytor » Thu May 06, 2010 3:03 am

InspiratiThanks for the feedback guys - it is very helpfull, and much appreciated!

Eric - absolutely on the Sunlight. I have about 15 different views and I get a little lazy when working sometimes and don't optimize the sun position. Definitely will for the final images, but I do find it helpfull during WIP's to see how the different materials perform in diferent light.....alays trying to learn.

Stu - Yeah...the composites come off heavy sometimes depending on the mixing levels...still trying to get to where they can be more consistent. I plan on filling the working greenhouse with tables/racks & plants. There is a lot of furniture, etc. and plants to be added. Other views focus more on the pool area - it won't get slighted. I want to work more on the glass and reflections.

Olishea - Yes the backgrounds you graciously shared are great - thank You Much! White windows are the ones I have not finished modeling yet. Couldn't find ones that were quite what I wanted @ the right level of detail - so I am modeling them individually.

Flipya - Thanks, yes this is something like that "perfect home" type of project. I started it as a design / modeling exercise - the b&w image attached of a craftsman cottage inspired me! There are 4 fireplaces - see the floor plan. The central portion is the main entry - I want it to be open and airy - open timberframe and vaulted ceiling and all. It seperates the fuctional wing of the house from the sleeping quarters. As I progress I will load more images that hopefully will explain the layout / design more.

Thanks,
bytor
Attachments
floor plan
floor plan
5SH_FLOOR-PLAN.jpg (444.11 KiB) Viewed 11573 times
My Inspiration!
My Inspiration!
sample-craftsman.jpg (407.88 KiB) Viewed 11572 times

rangerrick
SketchUp: 15

Post by rangerrick » Fri May 07, 2010 6:28 pm

Nice concept and work on this so far. :^: The courtyard and pool area would be great, no need to leave home for vacation, I would spend all my time there. I would think about providing outside accsess to a bathroom for the pool guests (the one off the breakfast nook). It sounds like you will be adding lots more detail to this so I look forward to an update.

flipya
SketchUp: 7

Post by flipya » Fri May 07, 2010 6:37 pm

There are 4 fireplaces
Ah ok, I was just counting chimneys :D
The floorplan explains it a lot better. Looking at that, wouldn't you maybe want a study to keep your books and computer and such?
Is there underground parking? The floorplan suggests that, and it would be awesome not having the cars ruin the atmosphere.
I like where you got your inspiration btw!

I really look forward watching the progress on this. My 'dreamhouse-project' has been evolving over the past 4 years, and I'm planning to have it built around 2015-2018 :D
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

bytor

Post by bytor » Tue May 25, 2010 4:06 am

Another update w/ some of the suggestions incorporated, and more npr overlay work. Not much time to play lately - life is too busy right now. Feedback welcome!
Attachments
5/24/2010 Update!
5/24/2010 Update!
6SH_VIEW-1x2.jpg (594.93 KiB) Viewed 11352 times

olishea

Post by olishea » Tue May 25, 2010 2:44 pm

woah massive improvement! looks great, only crit is that it appears overexposed. :^:
Oli