ver 1.3 released - comments/questions

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
xrok1

ver 1.3 released - comments/questions

Post by xrok1 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:16 pm

nice! the light aim feature is well worth the price of upgrade. :lol: :gj:
i'm not sure how to use the screen shot feature you posted about, or what it is exactly. could you explain more?

now i'm thinking: add multilight type function and full material editor=high end rendering package you could double the price on. ;) BUT, do this and put the price to $150 and concker the market! :hat:
PS, don't forget texture baking next time around. :lol: ... seriously though. :emp:

shura
SketchUp: Pro 7.1

Re: ver 1.3 released - comments/questions

Post by shura » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:34 pm

These are great improvements guys, thank you so much!!! Spotlights and projectors are so much easier to handle, I just love it.
The SU-snapshot is great too - saves a lot of fiddling and calculating (xrok1, to make a line overlay with SketchUps edges in PP this is speeding up things nicely)
Plus I think it is getting much more interesting for me to take a look into SP now...
:hat:

xrok1

Post by xrok1 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:28 am

shura wrote: The SU-snapshot is great too - saves a lot of fiddling and calculating (xrok1, to make a line overlay with SketchUps edges in PP this is speeding up things nicely)
:hat:
oh, now i see it, in the render menu. isn't that obvious at first. yes i like it thanks. :^:

shura
SketchUp: Pro 7.1

Post by shura » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:52 pm

now i'm thinking: add multilight type function
well, this is a serious request I think... if Twilights' architecture is capable of having a multilight system integrated (which I don't know of course), I would be grabbing a megaphone and shouting "go for it!!!" (and I would be selling my grandma to get the upgrade paid :lol: )
For me this is the hottest feature on my wishlist. Imagine having different lighting channels for postprocession... woah.
But from other renderers that have a multilight system I heard that they are really slow in rendertimes, so maybe this feature isn't as hot as it is feeling now...
(makes sense to me as there are multiple "layers" to be rendered - again I don't know much about this either, as I am not a developer of any sort and not using one of those renderers)
Still, when I saw a demonstration on a multilight system it really hit me. I am doing mostly night scenes and indoor lighting stuff, therefore I am used to extended rendertimes anyway. Yeah, I would want this feature, go for it!

cheers
alex

xrok1

Post by xrok1 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:07 pm

for me, as well as others i'm sure. 90% of rendering is getting the lighting right so even if it took twice as long to render you'd win in the end because you could post adjust instead of re-rendering a hundred times.
that being said i would still rather have the texture baking first. :)

xrok1

Post by xrok1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:07 pm

love the videos you added, very nice touch. :^:

marvins_dad
SketchUp: 8 Pro

Post by marvins_dad » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Several 'auto-saving' options for saving your render periodically, automatically when finished, or manually
THANKS!!!!! :^: :whoot: :clap:

d12dozr
SketchUp: 8 Pro

Post by d12dozr » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:43 am

Thanks guys! I love the updates and the mini-tuts :gj: :ugeek:
-Marcus

Zacchia
SketchUp: 7.1.6860

Post by Zacchia » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Have seen the update just now, thanks for it. Good new ideas! I like it, handeling in TWL is fine and easy and now again easyer with 1.3. Congratulation.
Windows XP, Arcon VA HausDesigner Professional, SketchUp Pro, CasCADos 2.0.551, TheaRender, TwilightRender