Lighting editor and Template editor

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
pbacot
SketchUp: 2019

Lighting editor and Template editor

Post by pbacot » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:13 pm

A couple requests if they are possible or if you working on these editors some more.

It would be nice to have a record in the template editor of which template a current material setting is based on. It could note "(modified)" if the user changed the settings after choosing a template.

It might be helpful if the lighting editor gave the total number of instances of a particular light in the model, instead of in a component.

Thanks, Peter

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Lighting editor and Template editor

Post by Chris » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:11 pm

pbacot wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:13 pm It would be nice to have a record in the template editor of which template a current material setting is based on. It could note "(modified)" if the user changed the settings after choosing a template.
It already does this (at least it's supposed to). If I choose "Stone -> Natural" as the template, then in the lower left corner it should say "Stone::Natural". If I tweak one of the values, it will then change to "Stone::Custom" (not right away, apparently, but the next time you select that material). Not all the values result in a change to Custom; changing the color or the bump mapping, for instance, won't change the template type.

pbacot
SketchUp: 2019

Post by pbacot » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Sorry. I just didn't see it. Maybe I knew once but forgot it was there. Thanks!
Last edited by pbacot on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Thanks for the input, Peter. :hat: We are always open to suggestions.
pbacot wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:13 pm It would be nice to have a record in the template editor of which template a current material setting is based on. It could note "(modified)" if the user changed the settings after choosing a template.
This is how it should be working for you already, if it is not, please let us know. :!

It might be helpful if the lighting editor gave the total number of instances of a particular light in the model, instead of in a component.
We'll see what we can do.
Attachments
TemplateName.JPG
TemplateName.JPG (59.37 KiB) Viewed 4284 times