Twilight Plugin Not Working

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
mauirick1

Twilight Plugin Not Working

Post by mauirick1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:48 am

Hello ,

This year I downloaded & been using Twilight with amazing results .
Esp. like the Kung Fu Panda Youtube video tutorials .

Went to use Twilight on a model I had just finished & Twilight plugin was missing ?
Re-downloaded Twilight & have not been able to get the plugin to open on SketchUp ?
Using SketchUp 2017 & when I go to SketchUp Extension Manager it appears but, not able to update ?
ExManager.png
ExManager.png (129.56 KiB) Viewed 3247 times
Thanks

Rick

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Twilight Plugin Not Working

Post by Fletch » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:23 am

Hello Rick!
mauirick1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:48 amThis year I downloaded & been using Twilight with amazing results .
:welcome:
mauirick1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:48 amEsp. like the Kung Fu Panda Youtube video tutorials .
:lol: :^: :hat:
mauirick1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:48 amWent to use Twilight on a model I had just finished & Twilight plugin was missing ?
:? That's very strange - did you happen to install any other plugins recently or since you last tried using Twilight Render? There may be a potential plugin conflict (hard to imagine, but that's what it sounds like). Or, did your SketchUp toolbars get modified somehow recently? I do not recall anyone reporting this issue before.

Are you switching between displays or working on a laptop and going back and forth between home and work and changing display configurations? If so, is it possible the toolbar was moved off-screen and now can't be found? Or did you change resolutions of your display?

Try opening View>Toolbars> scroll down and enable the Twilight Render V2 toolbar. Is the option to enable that toolbar completely missing? (we assume you tried this already, but must ask to be thorough.)

Try going to SketchUp Pulldown Menu "Extensions>Twilight Render V2" - is Twilight completely missing from the list of available extensions? Are you still able to activate the Render Window and other tools from this menu? Or is Twilight Render Plugin somehow completely missing?
mauirick1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:48 amRe-downloaded Twilight & have not been able to get the plugin to open on SketchUp ?
Did you download from our official downloads page? Please only ever install from our official latest downloads page. :)
Try closing all versions of SketchUp, uninstalling Twilight Render, and then restart your computer, and then install Twilight Render.
mauirick1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:48 amUsing SketchUp 2017 & when I go to SketchUp Extension Manager it appears but, not able to update ?
Not surprising, simply install according to instructions above.

mauirick1

Re: Twilight Plugin Not Working

Post by mauirick1 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:54 am

Thanks for your quick reply & Very Detailed feedback

Just tried Deleting & re-installed Sketchup 2017 free version & deleted & re-installed Twilight Hobby OSX V2 64 .
Have the Twilight file in my Applications folder .

• Downloaded Twilight from SketchUps Extension warehouse link to your website .

• Have not installed any other plugins since I last used Twilight & it was working

While writing this Twilight started working AGAIN …:)

Awesome to have my Kung Fu powers back :)

Thanks for you help