Objects stopped showing up on renders

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
InsaniTiny

Objects stopped showing up on renders

Post by InsaniTiny » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:45 am

Hello,

I have very recently started using Twilight Render, and I have made some successful renders so far. However, when I tried to render the same model I used before to render a new scene today, nothing showed up in the render except for the background.

I have tried resetting the material settings, changing the scene et cetera, but nothing makes my objects show up again. Can anyone tell me why nothing is suddenly showing up anymore? I had not altered the model in any way before rendering today, it is the same model with the same settings I used to successfully render before.

Thanks in advance,
InsaniTiny.

(Also, is there a way to make the "Please wait, processing model..." box not go over everything? It makes it hard to for instance type this post as the box is right in the middle of my screen at all times...)

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Objects stopped showing up on renders

Post by Fletch » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:57 pm

That is strange. There seems to have been a couple other people reporting something similar in the past year. I am not sure what it could be that is causing this.

Two ideas:
  • Is it possible that you chose "render selected objects only" and then told the dialog never to be shown again? What happens if you select everything and then render the scene?
  • If that's not it - is it possible you told Twilight in the Render Dialog box not to update the scene?
Attachments
none.png
none.png (14.61 KiB) Viewed 3458 times

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:01 pm

However, there is one other possibility. SketchUp can act weird when it comes to components and layer visibility. If a component has multiple layers internally and some of those layers are turned off, you may see them in SketchUp but Twilight still sees those layers as hidden. If you have verified that ALL your layers are being rendered (checked in the Layers menu), right click on one of the components and select Twilight -> Render all layers in ALL components.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:04 pm

3. Try restarting your computer and rendering.

InsaniTiny

Post by InsaniTiny » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:48 pm

I had update content set to "all", so that wasn't the problem. Selecting everything did not change the result unfortunately. I tried merging my file into one layer to see if there was a problems with layer visibility, but again this gave the same result.

However, restarting my computer seemed to fix the problem! I have had the problem again a couple of times since, what triggers it is still unknown to me. Sometimes I can render a couple of different scenes with no problem, while other times the problem reappears when I change the camera position once. Every time, restarting my computer fixed it.

This works but takes a lot of time, so I really wonder what it is that's causing the problem.

Thanks a lot for the help!