Looking to BUY Version 2 Pro - but the V2 Hobby doesnt render

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
LInneaG

Looking to BUY Version 2 Pro - but the V2 Hobby doesnt render

Post by LInneaG » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:27 pm

Hello -
I have been testing out Twilight ( Version 1 Hobby) and was getting some decent results... ( I know I need to learn more about atmosphere, lighting and materials settings in order to get it just right -- )
but I saw Version2 was out - so I thought to try it -- and it doesn't render anything but background.

Please see "Twilight V2 Hobby doesnt seem to work but V1 hobby did.pdf" .
Can you please see if I buy the Pro version of Version2 will work?
thanks!
Linneeqa
Attachments
Twilight V2 Hobby doesnt seem to work but V1 hobby did.pdf
(826.3 KiB) Downloaded 341 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Looking to BUY Version 2 Pro - but the V2 Hobby doesnt render

Post by Chris » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:47 pm

Can you post your SKP file? Or PM it if it's something you don't want to share.

LInneaG

Post by LInneaG » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:47 pm

Hi there--
Looks like it is too big to send through the forum. Just now I eliminated over halfof components to see if that would render -( or post to you) - but the it is the same size !

hmmmm...

LInneaG

Post by LInneaG » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:04 am

ok -- now I copied just 4 of the banners to a new file.. reduced the size by 1/4. Still too big to send thru the forum.
( ~24 MG from 93 MG.)
I tried again to render -- and just got the background again. PLease see attached.
thanks so much for your help! Linnea
Attachments
twilight test_ onlly 4 banners_render BG only.pdf
(28.34 KiB) Downloaded 313 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:44 am

You can PM me with a drop box or google drive link if it's too big to post.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Please post dropbox link or other file sharing link to share large files. We can not diagnos the issue without the file.
Likely culprit causing problem for your file:
1 - strange image file format such as .tga or .tiff instead of .png and .jpg for your texture files.
2 - bad geometry from importing some externally created model - usually happens when importing .3ds files or .obj files created with some other modeling program, then inserting into sketchup. Many of these files are provided on 3D warehouse and work ok in SketchUp but cause errors when rendering.
3 -
now I copied just 4 of the banners to a new file..
This is a confusing statement - not sure what this means. Hopefully if you can share the file, we will understand. Likely related to issue 1 above.
4 - see below.
Fletch wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:42 pm
Preflight Checklist wrote:In SketchUp go to “Window>Model Info>Statistics>Purge Unused” There are great plugins created for cleaning up your SketchUp models of unused and problematic unseen geometry. Models downloaded from the SketchUp Warehouse can oftentimes be a source of problems when it comes to photorealistic rendering. Eliminating and purging these models can often solve issues in problematic scenes. Multiple deep nesting of groups or components can cause problems. If your model does not render, explode "super groups" of models to be simple components. If there are groups of components more than 4 levels deep, it's likely too much. Try this before asking for help.
Preflight Checklist before you render