Scene will not render entirely

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
pezorama

Scene will not render entirely

Post by pezorama » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:32 am

Howdy, everyone.

I did a quick search around here and I couldn't find any topics on this, so I hope I can get some help.

I have a few scenes saved for one model/setting, and two things happen when I render:

1] if I render the same scene twice, the shading is never the same. It seems to switch randomly from bright to light, and in some scenes it even adds a yellow color to all the planes facing upward. This isn't that big of a deal, as I can still edit it and fix it in photoshop as necessary

2] ...and this one's the real issue, so far only in one scene [of 14] the view doesn't match the render. It's like I moved the view upward by plenty. you can see what I mean by seeing the image below.
twilight issue.jpg
twilight issue.jpg (162.78 KiB) Viewed 4065 times

Any idea why this is happening?

-PeZ

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Scene will not render entirely

Post by Fletch » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:32 am

pezorama wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:32 am
1] if I render the same scene twice, the shading is never the same. It seems to switch randomly from bright to light, and in some scenes it even adds a yellow color to all the planes facing upward. This isn't that big of a deal, as I can still edit it and fix it in photoshop as necessary
This is because there is too much indirect light for the low render settings. You must increase the render setting quality, or choose different render setting.

For an interior lit like in your example, render with Easy09, or choose "Easy 06 or 07" or us a "Sun and Sky Only" render setting.
pezorama wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:32 am 2] ...and this one's the real issue, so far only in one scene [of 14] the view doesn't match the render. It's like I moved the view upward by plenty. you can see what I mean by seeing the image below.

Any idea why this is happening?
Twilight Render will render a 2-point perspective but will not register if the camera is panned. Do not pan the camera after setting 2-point perspective.

If this is not the issue - be sure to check the box "match SketchUp View Proportions" to match exactly what you see in SketchUp.

pezorama

Post by pezorama » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:36 am

Hey, Fletch. thank you for the reply
This is because there is too much indirect light for the low render settings. You must increase the render setting quality, or choose different render setting.

For an interior lit like in your example, render with Easy09, or choose "Easy 06 or 07" or us a "Sun and Sky Only" render setting.
I'll try that out. I think I render in "easy 07" all the time, so I'll see what else happens if I go higher.
Twilight Render will render a 2-point perspective but will not register if the camera is panned. Do not pan the camera after setting 2-point perspective.

If this is not the issue - be sure to check the box "match SketchUp View Proportions" to match exactly what you see in SketchUp.
This makes sense! I did set two-point perspective, and I think I panned the camera! Crap. I'll see how I can adjust.

Thanks!

-PeZ!

pezorama

Post by pezorama » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:40 am

Fletch wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:32 am

ps. I do have "match view proportions" checked.

Thanks again!

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:05 pm

pezorama wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:36 am... I think I render in "easy 07" all the time, so I'll see what else happens if I go higher.
The interior settings Low-High expect you to have interior lights. Your scene does not. So you will need to use Easy 09 or the Sun and Sky settings because you have chosen to light your scene completely with indirect lighting.

Check also "sky portal" video tutorial (see link in my signature) to improve light penetration into your space if rendering with only sun/sky to light your interior.