using render farm

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Krass
SketchUp: 8

using render farm

Post by Krass » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:50 am

hello,
I'm triying Twi. R. after using vray and indigo render and I like it very much. So nice to have a free version af the soft. But there is a huge limit using TR : I can't find any way to render the scenes in the cloud, render farms and so on.
Buying a license for the soft means a quite pro user and the pro users need to render the images faster...

My scene with bump maps will take 24/48 hours to render on my "light" PC. (with light resolution)

I have read on this forum that exporting scenes to kerkythea could fix the problem, but KThea is of now of and no render farms will support this soft.

A few commercial render farms support Thea Render : is there a way to export Twilight scene to Thea render ?

Thanks
(sorry for my frenchy english!)
Krass

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: using render farm

Post by Fletch » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:50 pm

Krass wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:50 am hello,
I'm triying Twi. R. after using vray and indigo render and I like it very much. So nice to have a free version af the soft. But there is a huge limit using TR : I can't find any way to render the scenes in the cloud, render farms and so on.
Buying a license for the soft means a quite pro user and the pro users need to render the images faster...

My scene with bump maps will take 24/48 hours to render on my "light" PC. (with light resolution)
:welcome:
:! It is not clear why you would need to wait 24 to 48 hours for your scene, can you post a screenshot example?
What are you computer's specifications?
Perhaps you only need to learn more about the software and how to use it to optimize your render times. When I first started to learn rendering with Twilight I would have had the same problem you are saying here.
Have you watched the video tutorials and read our tutorials on the website? Voila Twilight Render en francais mirroir.
Krass wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:50 am I have read on this forum that exporting scenes to kerkythea could fix the problem, but KThea is of now of and no render farms will support this soft.
Link to Kerkythea's Downloads (you have to sign in to Kerkythea in order to download.
Krass wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:50 am A few commercial render farms support Thea Render : is there a way to export Twilight scene to Thea render ?

Thanks
(sorry for my frenchy english!)
We are not affiliated with Thea Render.

AdamKing1976

Re: using render farm

Post by AdamKing1976 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:25 pm

Hi Fletch,

Unlike Krass im not trying or looking to export to another platform to render but i am really baffled as to why there is no affiliation with any render farm or online rendering option. Can you tell me why this has never been addressed. I absolutely love the simplicity of Twilight and cant imagine having to train myself to use another render engine. Im going to start using this professionally very soon but I can already see issues with render times for video scenes and even some still renders. There needs to be another option besides having to build your own render farm.

Regards,

Adam