09. Interior progressive

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
stefan.e.karlsson

09. Interior progressive

Post by stefan.e.karlsson » Sat May 11, 2019 7:07 am

Hi, excuse mee my english is not so good.
If i run render 09. Interior progressive, the picture seems pretty good after 1 hour and the filesize is 400KB.
The ray tracing is 110/10000. When i test to render the same view (800x600) over a night aprox 12 hours
the picture does not seem any better the filesize does not encrease so much and the ray tracing encrease
to aprox 2000. How come the picture seems no difference between 1 hour and 12 hours rendering.

One more question, I can not find any template for snow, different roads, grass.

Best Regards Stefan Karlsson

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: 09. Interior progressive

Post by Fletch » Mon May 13, 2019 9:28 am

Hello Stefan, :welcome:

The 10000 number is only there because progressive rendering methods will continue rendering "forever" if they are not stopped manually. So, Twilight has a limit of 10000 so that it doesn't just continue rendering forever.

As Discussed in the FAQ, Subject: Progressive Rendering (Unbiased Method) depending on your machine the image could be "client ready" after only 60 passes. You decide when the image is "good enough" or "done".

In my experience, on 8 threads an image will be good enough for me after 60 passes -100 passes (max). If a machine has more threads it will be ready sooner, if it only has 4 threads, 120 passes-160 passes looks good. 2 threads may need 250-300 passes.

These numbers can be cut drastically if a Pro user has the AI Denoise Plugin. The AI denoise plugin can perform very well removing noise quickly cutting time to a clean image in half the time or even making Twilight 300% faster. Results vary depending on machine used and on scene/lighting... see test images on our website.
I can not find any template for snow, different roads, grass.
Pro users have access to the Red Carpet section with hundreds of pre-made lighting components, materials, tutorials, etc.

See this about asphalt:
Subject: V2 Tutorials Animated Snippets
See this article regarding grass. But also you can use any component spray or scattering plugin to scatter your grass component on a surface and render. Twilight supports proxy components for this case - so insert your grass component, convert to proxy, scatter/spray proxy components, hit render - it will render the full original grass component.

stefan.e.karlsson

Post by stefan.e.karlsson » Mon May 13, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi, I run the pro version and now I have purched, installed and activated adds on " Render to texture" and "Terrain editor".
But still I cannot find any Red Carpet section you said I shall have access to. I have for instance made a sketchupmodel with winterlandscape with snow and wintertrees I need to render this in a proper way if possible..
Best Regards!

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Mon May 13, 2019 2:39 pm

:welcome:

Note: Twilight Render V2 Professional users, go here to automatically upgrade your account.

After upgrading your account online using link above, return to the forum. Your name should show in BLUE then in the MAIN BOARD INDEX you should see the Red Carpet Section.

stefan.e.karlsson

Post by stefan.e.karlsson » Mon May 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi I got this errormessage, what is wrong? I got it from a mail from you 12 april 2019
Product Code: ***
Forum User Name: ***

*post edited by Admin

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Mon May 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Hello Stefan, sorry to hear of this difficulty.

Please contact licensing@twilightrender.com. Make sure to include your Product Code.