Living room and Dining room

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
jinacios2905
SketchUp: hobby

Re: Living room and Dining room

Post by jinacios2905 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:38 am

Fletch wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:33 pm The AA step is not multi-threaded.
Have you tried Easy09 without DOF? It would be much better for your scene, and when you factor the AA render time, then I would maybe be faster as well.

I do my DOF in post with the depth render pass - it only takes a minute and gives more precise control.
Thanks Fletch,

Tried Easy10, but even with more than 200 pass the image was not so clean maybe needed 100 pass more. And also noticed that I missed some details on surfaces curves. Maybe I'am doing something wrong.

I usualy render without DOF coz it increses render time. I'll try Depth render and post process the image. I can't run from photshop anymore...
Jinacios :hat:

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 am

Sounds like you are making the error I made when I started rendering - to think that rendering with the highest setting is the best - this is not the case. The best setting for a particular scene is the best. Easy 09 is 2x faster to clear than Easy10 - especially on scenes with a lot of direct light. Easy07 is not much better than Easy06 but render times can be much higher in some scenes like complex architectural interiors. Whereas Easy04 with improved AA in the "Alternative AA" render settings may give you even better results faster than Easy06 or 07. This is because each setting is seeking to balance an extremely complex set of variables, and they can not be perfect for every situation.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (64.8 KiB) Viewed 5551 times

jinacios2905
SketchUp: hobby

Post by jinacios2905 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:09 pm

Fletch wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 am Sounds like you are making the error I made when I started rendering - to think that rendering with the highest setting is the best - this is not the case. The best setting for a particular scene is the best. Easy 09 is 2x faster to clear than Easy10 - especially on scenes with a lot of direct light. Easy07 is not much better than Easy06 but render times can be much higher in some scenes like complex architectural interiors. Whereas Easy04 with improved AA in the "Alternative AA" render settings may give you even better results faster than Easy06 or 07. This is because each setting is seeking to balance an extremely complex set of variables, and they can not be perfect for every situation.
Really great topics, just read all!

I Usually prefer using Easy05 coz its is faster and give me a satisfactory results.

I really didn't know that there was so many differences between the render settings, I thought the diference was more related with de accuracy (number of photons and approximation / interpolation) and mesh. but it involves much more variables as direct and indirect lights, number of lights soureces, types of materials and templates. it is much difficult to chose a setting considering all these factors. So I do understand why some people uses Easy10 for averything as a joker card in rendering.
Jinacios :hat:

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Easy 09 = MLT (metropolis light transport)
Easy 10 = BiPT+MLT (Bi directional path tracing and Metropolis Light Transport simultaneously rendering)

yes, exactly, Easy 09 works for everything and you don't have to guess. Add FastForward denoise add-on and it cuts render times in half.
If you need to bounce lasers through glass prisms, then Easy 10. Most cases don't need that.