WOOD FROM SHARETEXTURES.COM

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
zarnollistudio

WOOD FROM SHARETEXTURES.COM

Post by zarnollistudio » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:09 pm

Hello, I am a beginner in Twilight and I would need some help to understand how I can get the wood like in the material ball,
I here enclosed the screen shot of sharetextures provides...
If I use "diffuse" picture in the color twilight texture... then my wood is orange.
Do you think I can use this texture with Twilight ?
Attachments
WOOD.PNG
WOOD.PNG (324.09 KiB) Viewed 6193 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: WOOD FROM SHARETEXTURES.COM

Post by Fletch » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:49 am

zarnollistudio wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:09 pm Hello, I am a beginner in Twilight and I would need some help to understand how I can get the wood like in the material ball,
I here enclosed the screen shot of sharetextures provides...
If I use "diffuse" picture in the color twilight texture... then my wood is orange.
Do you think I can use this texture with Twilight ?
:welcome: zarnollistudio

Absolutely you can use this texture.

What is very strange about your screenshot is that the diffuse texture is very orange (as you have pointed out) while the "material ball" preview shows it to definitely be of a completely different brown color.
So, it is not clear how they achieved that color of preview from the diffuse color provided. Something is wrong there.

Nevertheless, you can either edit the diffuse texture to be the correct color before you insert it into your model/scene, or you can insert the diffuse texture into your sketchup model and apply it as a texture to a face, then select the texture inside of Sketchup using the Material Eye Dropper for SketchUp native material editor, not for Twilight Render. Then you can edit the color of the texture using SketchUp's material editor to be more brown, like the color you desire, and move on from there.

After the diffuse texture is more brown, as you desire, then you can apply a material template from Twilight Render using the Twilight Render Material Editor choose a template such as "wood"> then choose from one of the desired finishes, such as "satin". Then load the bump map you downloaded for this material into the bump map channel for Twilght.

If you desire to use the specular map as well, you will need Twilight Render Pro which gives you access to even more templates some of which allow you to use specular (reflection) maps and the Deep Material Editor which allows you to use the Normal map and much more.

For learning to use Twilight Materials please see our website tutorials, and our video tutorials on the subject. Linked in my signature below.
The 3 video tutorials for Twilight Render Materials are here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0XdMGqnM4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lcmX7_g8T0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyOeJjJ ... i0&index=3

zarnollistudio

Post by zarnollistudio » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Thank you so much, for your great answer.
I am very happy to be part of your Forum.

pbacot
SketchUp: 2019

Post by pbacot » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:39 pm

I tried the texture with all the images in Deep Editor (best I could), except the displacement. It comes out a reasonable wood color--but not the brown shown in the website. It seems like a limited texture (not very large or varied ), but maybe I missed something.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 10.32.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 10.32.05 PM.png (864.46 KiB) Viewed 6168 times

posodrac
SketchUp: SU 17 Make

Post by posodrac » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:27 pm

I'm glad you found the TLR forum. It wasn't that hard, was it!?
Let me say that these freebie textures are not so good at all. You should search for tileable textures in the future. :welcome: