Adding point light results in render of only background

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
ccrae

Adding point light results in render of only background

Post by ccrae » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:28 am

So I am VERY new to sketchup and extensions to add light sources. I learn quickly and really hit the ground running using the natural sunlight in sketchup. However, when I have tried to introduce lights to my scenes with twilight render, every time I render the result is just the scene's background. Adding a point light makes everything disappear in any render. I have tried to search this problem here in the forums and in the advanced search. I've been studying tutorials and though I follow the same steps in adding lights, any light that isn't sunlight ruins the render. I'm hoping someone here knows what I'm doing wrong or what utterly simple setting I know nothing about that is tripping me up.
Attachments
I'm playing with an outdoor night scene and I have managed to use the sun settings to get a decent moonlight effect.
I'm playing with an outdoor night scene and I have managed to use the sun settings to get a decent moonlight effect.
PGmoonlightTest.jpg (159.14 KiB) Viewed 3491 times
But this is the result the moment I add a single point light. Just the background renders.
But this is the result the moment I add a single point light. Just the background renders.
PGpointlightrender.jpg (6.28 KiB) Viewed 3491 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Adding point light results in render of only background

Post by Fletch » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:25 pm

:welcome:
  1. It's possible that you have your light object selected and are rendering only the light object and nothing of your geometry. (you may have disabled notification of the warning that pops up asking if you wish to render only the selected object)
  2. It's possible you have set your "update geometry" to "none" it should be set to "all".
  3. It's possible there's a glitch from an older version of Twilight Render - please be sure you are using the very latest version only downloaded from our downloads page on our website.
  4. It's possible there is a vray component or some strange image file in your scene that are causing a glitch.
Please see this thread with your same problem:
Subject: I see the sky when I render