how to get partical reflection and transparency in glass

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
visualsenses

how to get partical reflection and transparency in glass

Post by visualsenses » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:03 pm

Hello I am new to TW V2 Hobby since this week end. I have been using Visualizer a bit before.

I have building concepts in SKU but most are the outer shell only. So my glass are only faces without depth.
I am self taught and over 50. Till now, I used the SKU glass with the cloud reflecting.

I watched 'Fletch TW videos" and switched to grey and now appreciate that pattern is terribly wrong.
I have tried to get a mirror like reflective glass that looks grey, pink or blue like mountain crystal.

What are the most popular alpha settings versus glass to get a partial transparency?

I have tried 1.000 0.7500 0.500 and can't seem get the normal blue tinted SKY glass material to get transparent.

Only once I had that dark blue partially transparent but could not recall that particular setting.

If the picture is saved in SketchUP after that rendering is done does it safe that setting also?
Is there a way to save "settings"?

So I switched to the mirror material (the one with a white streak in it) and it looks a bit better
but still I can't get any transparency.
The only one I got looked very weird with all the floors like skin tones although they are originally grey
0-6.jpg
0-6.jpg (275.69 KiB) Viewed 4592 times
and the facades are gone.
AND how does one recall a very good setting result .

My sample with the red cloud reflections is done with photoshop
I don't know where to look to set up a reflection from the camera (opposite) side?.
I have disabled the edges in Sketchup
how to get partial softer lines the thinnest ones I get is only when I screenshot a picture while activating the move button, within that millisecond before it refreshes.
I know these are many questions at once.
But in advance thank you to any advice.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: how to get partical reflection and transparency in glass

Post by Fletch » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:15 am

For glass allowing you to see inside the building past the glass windows Use:
Template>Architectural Glass>Common

For highly reflective glass:
Template>Architectural Glass>Reflective

For mirrored glass:
Template>Architectural Glass>Mirror
arch-glass.jpg