Twilight missing image textures in render

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
rgtodea

Twilight missing image textures in render

Post by rgtodea » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:59 am

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I just recently started using Twilight render for hobby work, so I'm still new to all of the settings in the program. I've been working on a project but I can't seem to get one of the textures to render. I did a Google search and most of the results led me here, but none were helpful. From what I've read so far, most of the time its a matter of reversed faces, but that's not the case here. The face I need to render is the front (its white not blue), but the texture on it won't render; actually the entire face seems to be transparent in the rendered image. Here are a couple screenshots, do I have the material settings set up wrong? Even the preview window in the material editor won't show the texture...

First image is the render, second is what the texture is supposed to look like
Attachments
missing texture 1.jpg
missing texture 1.jpg (386.35 KiB) Viewed 7230 times
missing texture 2.jpg
missing texture 2.jpg (229.59 KiB) Viewed 7230 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Twilight missing image textures in render

Post by Chris » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:48 pm

Can you share image texture that isn't rendering? This may be the same issue as one posted earlier, where the image was an "indexed" PNG, which isn't supported by Twilight Render and will need to be converted to an "rgb" PNG.

rgtodea

Post by rgtodea » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:53 pm

Chris wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:48 pm Can you share image texture that isn't rendering? This may be the same issue as one posted earlier, where the image was an "indexed" PNG, which isn't supported by Twilight Render and will need to be converted to an "rgb" PNG.
I converted the image to a jpg and it seems to work now. But for future reference, how can I find out if the image is an indexed png? I'm using SketchUp Make 2016 btw

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:53 pm

If you have Gimp, you can open it in that and check the image type. I imagine photoshop has the same ability but I don't know for sure.

Other than that, I don't know.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:45 pm

rgtodea wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:53 pm
Chris wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:48 pm Can you share image texture that isn't rendering? This may be the same issue as one posted earlier, where the image was an "indexed" PNG, which isn't supported by Twilight Render and will need to be converted to an "rgb" PNG.
I converted the image to a jpg and it seems to work now. But for future reference, how can I find out if the image is an indexed png? I'm using SketchUp Make 2016 btw
If you want to retain the transparency, you need to keep it as a png, with transparency, just be sure the color space is RGB - this is a setting in photoshop or your photo editor. Google may be helpful to look up the difference between the settings and how to choose them in your photo editor of choice.