Render failed

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
GiorgiMelkadze3DArt
SketchUp: Sketchup 2020

Render failed

Post by GiorgiMelkadze3DArt » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:12 pm

Hi, i work for a model, during one month and im so close to finish, but suddenly TWL render stoped working. there is an image.
can you help me? :(
twl.png
twl.png (192.86 KiB) Viewed 6614 times
Attachments
kucha 3.jpg
kucha 3.jpg (2.83 MiB) Viewed 6614 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Render failed

Post by Fletch » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:01 am

Hello Melk-ART-e,

First, purge the file using Purgeall.rb plugin.

My first guess would be that you are running out of RAM. Please watch the RAM usage (if on Windows press SHIFT+CONTROL+ESC at same time to see task manager before you render.) Close your internet browser and all non-essential programs before rendering.

Without PRO version you cannot run Diagnostics, but if you had PRO you would do that first.
You can open the LOG file before you start the rendering and post the information from the LOG file here.

My best educated guess is that you have added something into your scene that is a bad model likely from the 3D Warehouse.

If you have added a high resolution spherical sky, use physical sky and see if the scene will render.

You can perhaps figure this out by putting all of your 3DWarehouse content on layers and TURN OFF those layers, and try rendering. If you can render the scene with those objects "OFF" then you know the problem is in those objects.
Attachments
log.jpg
log.jpg (45.11 KiB) Viewed 6607 times
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (49.05 KiB) Viewed 6606 times

GiorgiMelkadze3DArt

Post by GiorgiMelkadze3DArt » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:31 pm

i tried all your suggestion, also i bought new ram. my pc specs are, i5 - ddr3 with RAM 8GB 1600 mhz. Video card GTX 650.
is this specs normal if no? im in final but can not finish my model :(

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:24 am

Melk-ART-e wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:31 pm i tried all your suggestion,
Well, you have not tried all of my suggestions,
You can open the LOG file before you start the rendering and post the information from the LOG file here.
8GB of RAM may be ok, but honestly 16 is better for large scenes like yours and 32 is best for large scenes.

Clearly something was added to the scene at some point that is causing the failure. It is not possible to guess what that is.

It has happened several times that a strange texture format or strange name of a texture can cause a failure. This happens with imported geometry from 3D warehouse sometimes.

Only thorough testing can reveal the problem.

1. have you tried rendering only a small portion of the scene, for instance, even render only a single object like one building, yet the scene still fails to render? Then add back one or two objects at a time testing rendering ability each time?
2. have you replaced the sky with physical sky and it still fails? Will it render if you hide all geometry and only render the sky? If it still fails, then there is clearly a problem piece of geometry or file or texture in the scene and you will need to identify where it is.
3. have you systematically eliminated all geometry from the scene, rendered a test image, then slowly added back (enabled visibility of the layers) of the scene geometry piece by piece until hitting the failure point?
4. have you tried starting a clean new file, and copy-paste-in-place items one-by-one into the clean new scene and run small test renderings until the scene fails?
5. have you applied light emitter to curved geometry? If it is applied to too many faces it can fail.

GiorgiMelkadze3DArt

Post by GiorgiMelkadze3DArt » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:18 pm

i know what is good and what is best too. okey i found the reason. it was PNG format image using as emitter.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:31 pm

Melk-ART-e wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:18 pm it was PNG format image using as emitter.
:^:

This should not have caused the problem - we will have to test - but please send us a small file containing only the problem image so that we can bug-fix bug-test.