Forward Denoising AddOn

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
GiorgiMelkadze3DArt
SketchUp: Sketchup 2020

Forward Denoising AddOn

Post by GiorgiMelkadze3DArt » Thu May 28, 2020 12:47 pm

Hey Chris. sorry for late answer. after install addon, somtemis normal render dont works fine. for example i send you some image.
1. here is normal render, without denoising addon using. it is day time render without any light using inside model ( i turned of all lighting)
tbs.jpg
tbs.jpg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 6695 times
2. here is same model with imitation of night scene. sun is disabled and sky has 0.650 lighting strength. also all lights are turned on and using addon, Forward Denoising.

tbs2.jpg
tbs2.jpg (95.82 KiB) Viewed 6695 times
tbs3.png
tbs3.png (270.82 KiB) Viewed 6695 times

GiorgiMelkadze3DArt

Re: Forward Denoising AddOn

Post by GiorgiMelkadze3DArt » Thu May 28, 2020 12:49 pm

tbs4.png
tbs4.png (385.2 KiB) Viewed 6694 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Thu May 28, 2020 2:21 pm

That is very strange; I've definitely never seen that before. The render is working because the emissive geometry is there. If Denoising was failing (because of memory for instance) it would be completely black.

What is your exposure settings? What if you try the same image but with the sun turned on?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu May 28, 2020 7:48 pm

I'm sorry but I don't understand the question.
You should increase the light strength of your sky if you want it to contribute light to the scene.

We can't compare a scene lit with sun and no denoise to a scene without the sun and with denoise.

We need to compare the same lighting situation... with the change only being the denoise.

The light emitting surfaces appear to be facing outward, away from any adjacent surfaces as near as I can tell from here.
Sorry if I'm missing something. :doh:

Are you getting the same failure to load material messages when you run the scene with Sun enabled? My guess would be yes.

GiorgiMelkadze3DArt

Post by GiorgiMelkadze3DArt » Sat May 30, 2020 5:55 pm

Okey, i will try to explain. i created model and render with twilight hobby version some days ago (i posted it here you know)
then i got Twilight V2 pro and Denoising Addon (thank you so much for this). after i ictivated Denoising Addon and tried to render same model with Denoising (all options in this model is same, i saved it at the end) i want to say that i dont need to increase the light strength of sky, because it is already done.
(sometimes rendering with Denoising Feature, gives me only black image) may it should be my PCs foult?
twtw.png
twtw.png (8.47 MiB) Viewed 6670 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sun May 31, 2020 2:06 pm

Oh. Thank you for explanation.
I can confirm that I have never seen that before, as Chris said - that is strange.
I suggest do not enable denoise while rendering. Render with it disabled (this is how I work). After I feel the rendering is ready to be finished with a little denoise then I enable it. I don't leave it turned on, as it takes resources and slows things down when it's constantly trying to update.

If you disable denoise on the same image it will return to normal? Then after enabling denoise it turns black? That is very strange and doesn't make sense. :! :! :!