Install Error

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Lukes

Install Error

Post by Lukes » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:44 pm

Hello, Ive been using Twilight for a years but just bought a new PC and It just cant be loaded into my SketchUp 2020.

File of Twilight is installed for Windows 64, but once I open Extension Manager - Install Extension - I choose rbz file, it says error.

Otherwise I also tried Render 2 verison - here it doesnt even show rbz files, although there are installed there...

Can anyone help please???

Lucas

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Install Error

Post by Chris » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:21 pm

Twilight Render V1 is not compatible with 64 bit applications, which SU 2020 is. You can not use it with any version of SketchUp after SU 2015.

The RBZ installer is only valid for Mac OS. You can not use it on Windows. You must download and install the Windows installer for Twilight Render, found on our website at www.TwilightRender.com, under Downloads.

If you have already tried to install the .rbz, you must make sure to completely delete it. It will conflict with the Windows install and Twilight Render will not run.

Lukes

Post by Lukes » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:48 pm

all right,

So if I only install it and leave computer to choose location - then I dont need to load it??
cause it will be installed outside SketchUp folder...

I tried to load it threw extension manager and it will load only rbz file... as in attached image....

Its still doesnt work tbh

Lucas
Attachments
extension.jpg
extension.jpg (325.2 KiB) Viewed 6781 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:47 pm

First off, you are going to have to delete any "twilight" files that got installed into your SketchUp plugins folder. The ones from the .rbz are for Mac OS only and if you have them installed, they will screw up the installation.

Once you've cleaned that up, yes, just run the windows installer and accept all the default paths. It does all the work for you and you don't need to install anything directly in SketchUp.