Beginner Tips

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Fcerquinho

Beginner Tips

Post by Fcerquinho » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:09 am

Hi
I started to work with Twilight Render for Sketchup (free version) and I would like to have some help:
I mostly do interior bathrooms (small ones, 4 m2 to 6 m2). Which best environment should I choose?The backgound are always outside backgrounds. There are any specific environment for interiors?
How can I enlarge the scene view? Meaning, how can zoom it so that it looks bigger? Attached a render file (please comment)
a rendered shower
a rendered shower
andreia aguas santas5.jpg (281.49 KiB) Viewed 5270 times
Thank you very much
Fcerquinho

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Beginner Tips

Post by Fletch » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:04 pm

For interior renderings, fastest rendering is to set sky to "Background Color" and make the color white or black and only use interior lighting.

If you want the sky to appear like natural daylight outside, you can put an image outside your window, and set it to light emitting material low voltage and FAKE Emit, or shine a light onto the surface of the background picture.

Setting the correct exposure for your image in the post process button on the Render Dialog is critical.

Start with any surface that you want to be white as 70%. Any surface as black as 10%. keep all colors between those color ranges. Never darker or brighter.

Please follow the 6 essentials video tutorial series linked in my signature.
See also the video tutorial about lighting a bathroom, it may be particularly helpful. It shows how to use sky portal with your bathroom.

There is a lot to learn. Remember it's a journey, keep it simple, keep it fun. ;)

Fcerquinho

Re: Beginner Tips

Post by Fcerquinho » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:34 pm

thank you very much.
I'll do everything you said. Any problem I''ll get to you :D