Render Glitch on Certain Components

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
andresgnz

Render Glitch on Certain Components

Post by andresgnz » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Hello Twilight render community. I have the following problem with my renders. Im running sketchup 2017 and been making a model of a certain part of a city. Each building is made up of components and their corresponding materials. Till a while ago I had no problems rendering the images, taking each a couple of hours or more in Alternative _A22high+. Suddenly I started to get this image error, in which some of the components where corrupted and pixelated, taking the image a lot less to render. The glitch dissapears when I try a different camera angle, but then it renders other types of glitches, like white lines and such.

Does anyone have any idea on what it could be?

Thank you for your time.
The glitch
The glitch
glitch.jpg (829.35 KiB) Viewed 4621 times
Image taken before, with out the glitch happening
Image taken before, with out the glitch happening
KMA3D2_plattenbauten.jpgprueba.jpg (998.19 KiB) Viewed 4621 times
These lines would appear almost randomly on whole fassades ore, in this case, only these windows.
These lines would appear almost randomly on whole fassades ore, in this case, only these windows.
cropkma22_Scene 4.jpg (49.94 KiB) Viewed 4621 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Render Glitch on Certain Components

Post by Fletch » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:16 pm

I have seen this problem before. I do not remember any key words I can use to search for the thread.

However - if I remember correctly - the scene was a bar. It turned out that some component inserted from the 3DWarehouse caused the scene to do some of this weirdness.

I would suggest starting a new clean scene, and copy geometry over from the old scene to the new, and do test renders each time to make sure the problem does not persist. Eventually may find the culprit component. You may already have a suspicion about some models you insterted that you did not make for yourself.

One other option is also to explode the suspected bad components to raw geometry - re-group, and make them components again.