Animated gifs not animating

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
tempy111

Animated gifs not animating

Post by tempy111 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:14 pm

Hi.. in a way, a bit cheeky as I only have the Hobby version of Twilight as i do not use it enough or in a way that would justify the price right now, but i was following the guide (viewtopic.php?t=4701#p34215)
on how to get textures to animate during animation rendering, however, they don't seam to want to animate. I have a texture of some water, i created a basic gif animation of that water, i go to the materials editor and select the non-animated texture via the droplet, then change the colour slot to texture and select the animated gif version (it's still set as 'flat' for the template cause.. i'm not quite sure why, but the water templete just seams to give me blackness, but that's not too important), then when i setup the camera and click to animate, the animation just has the texture being non-animated, more then the animated version..

Twilights properties say I have version 2.15.3 (though the extension manager in sketchup just says 2.0

Is there any thing i might be missing? i made sure to have the textures even have the same name just in case something was broken with that, but no luck..

thanks for any help.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Animated gifs not animating

Post by Fletch » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:28 am

Hello tempy111 :welcome:

Animated GIF textures require the Pro version.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Attachments
hobby-pro.png
hobby-pro.png (92.96 KiB) Viewed 5205 times

tempy111

Re: Animated gifs not animating

Post by tempy111 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:16 am

Ah, sorry ^_^ didn't notice that bit.
no problem, thanks