Double tabs on taskbar?

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Sundown
SketchUp: 2021 Pro

Double tabs on taskbar?

Post by Sundown » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:25 am

New user. Twilight Hobby (trialling with intention for Pro) on Sketchup Pro 2021 Version 21.1.299.
Since installing Twilight, every Sketchup file I open also opens an additional Taskbar Tab called "Sketchup.exe".

Is this normal?

(doesn't seem to be, just looking at a youtube tutorial video or two. Slight annoyance as I nearly always have 2 to 4 models open)

(Feedback:) Also, I run dual screens, and when the Render window is open on the Right hand monitor (fullscreen or not), the Render Preset dropdown "overflows" leftward out of the monitor, onto the left monitor. (dropdown kind of becomes right justified instead of left)
- Sundown

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Double tabs on taskbar?

Post by Fletch » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:10 am

:welcome:

No, that is not normal. We have never had this issue reported. Which version of SketchUp 2021Pro are you using? (official most recent update or beta)
every Sketchup file I open also opens an additional Taskbar Tab called "Sketchup.exe".
Did you install Twilight Render using our official and most recent installer downloaded from here?

Thanks for the feedback on the dual screen menu issue. We will see what can be done.

Sundown
SketchUp: 2021 Pro

Post by Sundown » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:47 am

Thanks for the welcome Fletch :) .

I tested some things after you confirmed this was not normal, and it seems to be a conflict between 3DxWare Spacemouse "3DxSketchUp.rb" sketchup plugin and Twilight, perhaps as 3DxWare seems have a problem with Sketchup version 21.1.299 64 Bit.

Firstly, this is Not a big issue for me, I will simply enable Twilight using the Sketchucation Plugin Manager when needed.
Secondly, my PC is quite extensively modded with AHK scripts, Classic Shell etc, and is additionally Domain joined and managed by an IT contractor, so is likely a "problem child" :roll:. I.e. don't worry about troubleshooting this any further unless you think it may help in the long run. That said...

I'm using most recent Sketchup update (not beta), (updated 2 days ago and Then installed Twilight), and did originally install the latest Twilight, from that link. I also uninstalled and reinstalled from that link again today.

In troubleshooting I renamed the plugins folder and started Sketchup with varying combinations of Twilight, 3Dx and All-other-plugins with the following results:

Only Twilight - No extra tab
Only 3Dx - No extra tab
Twilight and 3Dx - Extra Tab
(whether or not All my usual plugins were included made no difference to the above)
Hence the conclusion of some quirk between 3Dx and Twilight.

I then tried updating 3Dx... and 3Dx stopped working entirely! Major problem. After 2 or 3 more uninstalls, downgrades, reinstalls and reboots where it didn't create the "3DxSketchUp.rb" in the plugins folder I finally copied the previous plugin from the backup copy and got it working again. I therefore concluded the problem to be far more likely with 3DxWare than with twilight.

Anyway, all good again, phew.
- Sundown

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:27 pm

After 2 or 3 more uninstalls, ...I ...concluded the problem to be far more likely with 3DxWare than with twilight.
Thank you for the followup. If you contact the developers of the 3DxWare plugin they are welcome to contact us, we have worked together with several other developers in the past who have ended up conflicting with Twilight Render. It is not uncommon.
:hat: