Deep material, Radiance > Fluorescent

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
that.skpguy
SketchUp: 2022

Deep material, Radiance > Fluorescent

Post by that.skpguy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:05 am

I have a genuine question, does anyone know what the Fluorescent under Radiance actually does?
Like how does it affects the material, and why do I need to select a colour for each colour channel?

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Deep material, Radiance > Fluorescent

Post by Chris » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:44 pm

In theory (I think) it indicates how the wavelength of light falling on the material is changed when it is reflected back.

It seems to only work with the biased render methods (Low-High/+). And it looks like it works kind of backward. There are 3 channels, RGB. You set the color of the light that will produce a reflection in that channel. So if you set the Red channel to a green color, the green component in the light will reflect as red. Or something like that; I messed around with it and never really got results that I though made a lot of sense.

It would only ever be useful if you had colored lights. In theory you could make an object "glow" under a black light. Not sure how useful that is in a render situation.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:20 pm

There are some experimental material properties in the deep material editor that were developed by Giannis (the creator of Kerkythea - the engine under the hood of Twilight Render), but have not been fully developed. This could be one of them.

that.skpguy
SketchUp: 2022

Post by that.skpguy » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:11 am

Oh, I haven’t checked this page in a while, Thanks for the feedback!