Rendering transparent objects

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Rendering transparent objects

Post by Fletch » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:22 pm

It's looking quite a lot better now with Easy 09. :^:
Fast Forward denoise plugin for Twilight Pro makes Easy09 cuts render times drastically. (more than 3x faster)

Low+ should look good, but you must wait for the entire AA pass to complete (you were stopping the pass before it was done) which may take a while, as the AA pass can not be multithreaded. (it renders on a single core)

The spot lights pointing horizontal with the ceiling seems strange - I have not seen any retail space lit this way. When they are pointed in a more natural direction the image will look better.

ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Post by ntxdave » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:09 pm

Fletch wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:22 pm The spot lights pointing horizontal with the ceiling seems strange - I have not seen any retail space lit this way. When they are pointed in a more natural direction the image will look better.
Having spent a number of years in the retail business, I have to agree with Fletch. I was a little hesitant to say anything but I also feel that, overall the lighting is a little bright for most of the stores I have visited. Once again though I have to say that I think it is a good model. :^:

aldo00

Post by aldo00 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:56 pm

Fletch wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:22 pm It's looking quite a lot better now with Easy 09. :^:
Fast Forward denoise plugin for Twilight Pro makes Easy09 cuts render times drastically. (more than 3x faster)

Low+ should look good, but you must wait for the entire AA pass to complete (you were stopping the pass before it was done) which may take a while, as the AA pass can not be multithreaded. (it renders on a single core)

The spot lights pointing horizontal with the ceiling seems strange - I have not seen any retail space lit this way. When they are pointed in a more natural direction the image will look better.
Hi, Fletch,
Honestly I'm so pleased with the results now, thank you for your help/advice.
kind regards

aldo00

Post by aldo00 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:58 pm

ntxdave wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:09 pm
Fletch wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:22 pm The spot lights pointing horizontal with the ceiling seems strange - I have not seen any retail space lit this way. When they are pointed in a more natural direction the image will look better.
Having spent a number of years in the retail business, I have to agree with Fletch. I was a little hesitant to say anything but I also feel that, overall the lighting is a little bright for most of the stores I have visited. Once again though I have to say that I think it is a good model. :^:
Thanks ntxdave, I'm practising for now, hope to create my own stores soon. God willing
kind regards

ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Post by ntxdave » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:34 pm

aldo00 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:58 pm Thanks ntxdave, I'm practising for now, hope to create my own stores soon. God willing
kind regards
Good luck. :rspkt: