Building Meshes Wait Time

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Building Meshes Wait Time

Post by Fletch » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:33 pm

You could try using a single png in a single projector light that mimics multiple light sources, see attached. I replaced all lights with a single projector light inside of each component.

Then I disabled shadows and soft shadows in all lights. (this scene does not appear to need them) :shock:

This caused export times to fall drastically going from an hour to a few seconds.
Render times dropped drastically as well :D to roughly 6h50min.

With those changes made, may I suggest using 02b Low_AA2 found in the Advanced>Alternative_AA render settings? Fast for so many lights but with good quality AA. (unfortunately the AA part takes a long time, about half, as it's not multi-threaded, nothing we can do about this but it's much faster than Easy 07)

Will render much more quickly if you eliminate specular reflection on the floor. Calculating the blurry reflection on so many lights and LEMS is causing long render times, but benefit seems :| The "perfect reflection: Low" template on the floor could be interesting and render much more quickly.

see attached - version without Denoise and one version with Denoise

modified file is attached for your convenience, if you wish to take a look.
:>: :>: :>:
TWLsupport_CSGO Stage_rcvr.skp
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 210 times
Attachments
BoxLight_8Lx4W.png
BoxLight_8Lx4W.png (7.44 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
RoundLight.png
RoundLight.png (44.01 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
StripLight_14Lx1W_medium.png
StripLight_14Lx1W_medium.png (2.13 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
with Fastforward  denoise AI plugin
with Fastforward denoise AI plugin