Printing in large formats

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
moshelakin

Printing in large formats

Post by moshelakin » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:46 am

How can I print a rendering in Sketchup to a large format
or can someone please show me where this info is? I heard it was about plotters?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Printing in large formats

Post by Fletch » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:50 am

It is not clear from your question exactly what you need or want to know.

What do you mean "print a rendering in SketchUp"? Do you mean "print a rendering from Twilight Render"? We are not typically answering questions regarding SketchUp.

Render your image at the pixel dimensions needed for the quality and size of print you want.

I suggest using 150dpi-200dpi for something that will be held in your hand.
72dpi for posters (viewed from 60cm-2m away from surface of paper)
50dpi for billboards (viewed from a distance greater than 2m)

To print a rendering from Twilight Render:
  1. Save your rendering to your hard drive.
  2. Open the rendering in any photo editor software or into an internet browser like Chrome, or Firefox, whichever.
  3. go to pull-down menu of the photo viewer software File>Print and choose "fit image to paper" and choose the paper you want to print to.
  4. Then print the image.
I'm sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for, but your question is not clear.

If you want to know what resolution you should be using for a format, this is a math question. Before wasting a lot of paper and printer ink, first print a small test print of only a portion of the rendered image at full resolution to verify colors and quality.
Attachments
Paper-Sizes-EU.jpg
Paper-Sizes-EU.jpg (117.52 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
photo-pixel-image-sizes01.jpg
photo-pixel-image-sizes01.jpg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 2720 times
photo-pixel-image-sizes02.jpg
photo-pixel-image-sizes02.jpg (41.82 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
photo-pixel-image-sizes.jpg
photo-pixel-image-sizes.jpg (905.81 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
common-photo-sizes-2630-original-size-standardpapersizes.png
common-photo-sizes-2630-original-size-standardpapersizes.png (23.07 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
megapixel-table.jpg
megapixel-table.jpg (55.04 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
72vs300.jpg
72vs300.jpg (11.22 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
external-content.duckduckgo.com.png
external-content.duckduckgo.com.png (44.75 KiB) Viewed 2720 times

Areba21

Re: Printing in large formats

Post by Areba21 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:08 am

You might want to consider going to a printing shop that has large format plotters instead of printers here. Printing can be done at 2921mm by 1346mm , if they have the right hardware.

This is how I print my large scale CAD printouts, anyway.

It's best to present pictures, and if you're exporting the PDF in a proper manner, it should not be blurry since this is Vector Based Not Raster. You might need to change the settings.

If you are unable to find an image printer that does it all in one go and you're required to stitch multiple images This can be easily done and prepared using any image editor such as Photoshop (but you could use numerous free alternatives like Gimp in place).