Horizon position with spherical sky

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
tomsdesk

Re: Horizon position with spherical sky

Post by tomsdesk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:39 am

Well, I still don't exactly understand the explainations: but I have seen that the center of the spherical image is anchored to elevation 0 in SU...right? (And yes, Flip, I did make this sky image, thanks...see here: http://twilightrender.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 1203#p9995 and scroll down to last images.)

lekjaz

Post by lekjaz » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:35 pm

I know this thread is 10+ years old but I came looking for this same answer. All these explanations make sense. Because spherical sky is a virtual sky based on the camera and not on model geometry or it's absolute elevation relative to model 0,0,0, the only way to render - say, the treetops and a bit of sky as one might see out a second or third story window, is to crop some of the foreground of the spherical sky image. This works perfectly. My trees and skies just got a lot more realistic. Hats off to everyone who posted here - this was frustrating me too :)

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:35 am

Thank you Lekjaz :) Did you watch our 6 video series called "6 Essentials to rendering with Twilight Render"? See link in my signature.

We have a couple video tutorials that go into depth on spherical skies, and environment.