Processing model box.

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
TKasz

Processing model box.

Post by TKasz » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:00 am

I doubt there is a way to do this, but I can ask.

When I go to render a model it shows a box saying "Processing Model". Well, I have been working on a big project, so big that it takes upwards of 4 days to process. (I know it long, but I don't care about the time). Because of this, I will not be able to use my main monitor for that length, the monitor I do everything on and play games on. I tried launching a full screen game, but it still has this box shown over it.

Is there any way to get this box to be pushed behind other applications, or even move it to another screen? :?: :?: :?:

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Processing model box.

Post by Fletch » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:30 am

That's frustrating, but it's sort of just stuck there.

The only way is maybe to start the rendering on another screen. but it will still remain there in the middle of the screen.

We agree that it would be good to show that processing window in some other way/place.
We will definitely try to fix this problem in the next update. :^: Thanks for asking!

It's pretty mind-blowing that you are waiting days for a rendering to process, and that it renders at all.
I have been rendering architectural projects for 20 years and never had a model process for more than 30 minutes (+/-) ?!

I do remember one file you shared had hundreds or multiple hundreds of light objects, etc. :! :! :! :! :wall: :wall: :wall:
I had to do a lot of work to get it optimized with components.

Keep in mind that you can reduce processing time if you choose which parts of the model to update when you hit render, for instance you can have it reuse the model mesh info but only update the camera view or lighting only. (not the light component geometry, just the Twilight light objects, and environment settings)

TKasz

Post by TKasz » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:47 pm

Thanks for your recognition of the issue in this post. I have tried to start my render on another screen, but it always overlay on my default number 1 screen.

And about the process time, my file is about 6 full city blocks of buildings. The file size is 677 MB and contains 67 million edges and 28 million faces. So... quite large.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:07 am

Twilight is robust if you are able to render this scene. :^: :shock: