Geomtry to Twilight failed

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
arklandesign

Geomtry to Twilight failed

Post by arklandesign » Tue May 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Hey Once again

Running into problem of getting the above message when rendering. Using pre set 9 & 10, both failing.

What causes this, and how do best do I deal with it??

Gareth
SketchUp: SU8 to SU2019 Pro

Re: Geomtry to Twilight failed

Post by Gareth » Tue May 03, 2011 5:11 pm

hi arklandesign.....i experienced a similar issue recently when trying to use the new Custom settings with a Spherical Sky

....using a Physical Sky setting solved the problem for me

....it may be a RAM issue.....

anyhow, just a suggestion....perhaps someone more knowledgeable can pinpoint it for you later

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue May 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Hello arklandesign,
This usually happens when a scene was using a spherical sky but now the file for that sky is moved or missing (perhaps on a different machine somewhere?)
This is the same if an .ies file in one of the lights is now missing.
To solve, copy the missing file and place it in the same folder with your sketchup model. It should then render. If not, you may have to manually reload the proper file location into the scene.

90% of the time, it's the sky file that is missing.

arklandesign

Post by arklandesign » Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 pm

Hey folks , sorry for not getting back on here .I've been swamped with work at a new job.

Fletch, yes I did move all my texture files onto an another ext hard drive, when I copied the file back into the folder where the SU model was located, it did stop the error message from coming up, but would still not render.

In the end, I had to copy the entire model into a new file and then it started to wok at last. Though some of the geometry on some of the components was lost as I copied the entire file with 10 million edges in one go. Won't do that again. Hopefully my new computer with a nividia gforce card will stop all the problems I have been having with my lap top. No more ram problems.....Yipeeeee :^:

Thanks for the help

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu May 12, 2011 1:46 am

arklandesign wrote:... it did stop the error message from coming up, but would still not render... Hopefully my new computer... No more ram problems...
Hopefully, but I'm not sure a video card is going to fix the issue you are talking about.
Subject: Rendering Capacity
Subject: Render doesn't work with high and high+
Subject: How to Modify Twilight Render Setting

bizmen
SketchUp: 8 pro

Post by bizmen » Mon May 16, 2011 1:27 am

Hi arklandesign,
Try to check also if your material textures, hdr scenes, background images and the file folder has unrecognized characters (ie: @,~,¿,>, etc.). Better to use only those recognize characters.
This may sometimes result to Geometry failed export in twilight.