Atmospheric Haze

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Woz
SketchUp: 8

Atmospheric Haze

Post by Woz » Wed May 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi,
I've been using Twilight for the best part of a year for film production design, especially environments.

I've used the "work around" of comping the Depth map back over a scene in Photoshop... but, honestly, who doesn't want to eventually see those great "God-Rays" of light beaming through a hazy atmosphere of your cathedral interior, or from behing the rolling hill valley scene you've just created. Or just subtle halos around the lights on your night scenes (without having to airbrush them in later).

has anyone attempted this yet and got even a glimmer of how it might be done?

Would be truly the perfect "in-Sketchup" rendering engine with this sort of thing eventually incorporated.

Cheers,

Woz.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Atmospheric Haze

Post by Fletch » Thu May 12, 2011 1:33 am

You mean like this? :halo:
Easy07-_0m33s-RequiresVolumetricsMaterialLibrary.jpg
Easy07-_0m33s-RequiresVolumetricsMaterialLibrary.jpg (30.34 KiB) Viewed 9200 times
Licensed users of Twilight have access to a very fast "God Ray" material library and complete tutorial to get this effect easily.
Volumetric Lighting - Special Material (Light Beams)

However, you may find something useful here.

Woz

Post by Woz » Thu May 12, 2011 2:07 am

EXACTLY like this!!!

Though, I can't seem to open the top link you posted. Says "You are not authorised to read this forum".

Having bought twilight 11 months ago, how do I get "Authorised" to see it?

...just bust-innng to see how!!

Thanks

Woz

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Thu May 12, 2011 2:33 am

You're upgraded now. The link should work.

Woz

Post by Woz » Thu May 12, 2011 3:15 am

Thanks Chris!

I shall now get me educated...

bizmen
SketchUp: 8 pro

Post by bizmen » Mon May 16, 2011 1:17 am

Fletch wrote:You mean like this? :halo:
Easy07-_0m33s-RequiresVolumetricsMaterialLibrary.jpg
Licensed users of Twilight have access to a very fast "God Ray" material library and complete tutorial to get this effect easily.
Volumetric Lighting - Special Material (Light Beams)

However, you may find something useful here.
Hi Fletch,
if this volumetric lighting will work only on biased preset easy method 1-7(correct me if I'm wrong) then how about other materials or models in the scene that needs unbiased method (using easy 8 or 9 method)?
Suppose, I have a scene that needs unbiased render and need to produce the caustic effect that will come out from a stained glass window and at the same time, I want to achieve a volumetric light beam effect coming from other opening in the scene. Will this be possible? or do I have to do it in post pro.?
I don't have the scene yet, I just figured it out what if I need biased and unbiased together in a scene. ;)

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Mon May 16, 2011 8:21 am

Caustics from stained glass windows render with any setting from Low or Low+ and higher. :? Search the term "stained glass" here on the forum.
All settings in Easy 1-7 can be adjusted to render almost anything you want to throw at them. See the Tips and Tricks Section.

bizmen
SketchUp: 8 pro

Post by bizmen » Mon May 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Fletch wrote:Caustics from stained glass windows render with any setting from Low or Low+ and higher. :? Search the term "stained glass" here on the forum.
All settings in Easy 1-7 can be adjusted to render almost anything you want to throw at them. See the Tips and Tricks Section.
Okay thanks again Fletch for the enlightenment.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Mon May 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Interesting note: One odd "quirk" with this method we have noticed is that the volumetric effect will not show up if you have a scene with a light emitting surface driven by a .jpg or .png image. If the light emitting surface is driven by color, these volumetrics render just fine.