Render problems

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
qualitynaturalstone

Render problems

Post by qualitynaturalstone » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Can someone tell me why my render is rubbish?
As you see, the preset is higher than suggested - as my first attempt at the suggested level was also unsuccessfull.
I am new to rendering, and almost all of what I have done so far, except for the lessons provided, has been a total failure - as well as taking hours.
Attachments
QNS Twilight speed test 3.JPG
QNS Twilight speed test 3.JPG (142.78 KiB) Viewed 11683 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Render problems

Post by Chris » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:00 pm

By all appearances, your render is running without ANY render preset at all. Try uninstalling Twilight Render, redownload the latest from http://www.twilightrender.com/downloads/upgrade, and reinstall. Make sure to use all the default install locations and settings.

qualitynaturalstone

Post by qualitynaturalstone » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:13 pm

HI Chris, uninstalled, reinstalled, left defaults unchanged - same result!

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:59 pm

qualitynaturalstone,
It appears you have copied the lamp into a new file and rendered it, is that correct?
If the lamp is sitting in outerspace with the sun and physical sky (which it appears to be the case) then of course it will not look great. First, the sun is so bright, any other lights in the scene will be insignificant. (Just as if you take a flashlight outside in the day)

So try this first, download the scene again, and hit render without deleting or changing anything, just to make sure it's working correctly.

How Fast Are You - Official Twilight Scene - Bauhaus Lamp
Fletch wrote:...
To participate in this speed challenge, you do NOT need a license for Twilight. You may use the trial version! :)
  1. :>: Simply download the file attached below which is READY TO RENDER,
  2. :>: open it in SketchUp and
  3. :>: click the Render button.
(be sure you are using Twilight v.1.1 or later)

Additional tips:
  • Do not change any settings before rendering.
  • Free up as many resources on your machine as reasonable for the test. (don't run other CPU-intensive things like zipping files, processing video, or another rendering at the same time... but continuing to model in SU is fine)
  • Be sure the "fit to view proportions" is unchecked (this should be the default).
Next, please follow the getting started tutorials here (it will explain a lot, and save you many hours of trouble).
Finally, please have a look at the User Manual, as it is a step-by-step walk through of Twilight Render. It is not overly technical, but is clear and simple.
One more link, feel free to see the resources including many tutorials in the Master List of Resources

qualitynaturalstone

Post by qualitynaturalstone » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:44 pm

It works! Slowly at 1min 30 sec, but it works.
I figured out that I actually had downloaded the original from the link (above the instructions) rather than the file (below the instructions). Sorry for that stupidity. Tell me though, what makes it "Twilight ready". (If you think that is too technical for me at the moment, don't bother, I can live with that. I will get up to that speed eventually.)
Done the tutorials. A little confusing at first as I had absolutely no idea of the concepts or process, but I think I am getting it now.
Thanks very much for your help.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:50 am

Twilight Ready means that the material templates have all been applied tot he model for you already.
It also means if any lights were required in the scene, then they are provided already correctly placed, with proper power and radius.

billkay

Post by billkay » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:54 am

I'm having issues with rendering as well and its really frustrating.it works for the first rendered try but once you change something and rendered again final look comes out different and it looks plain and distort

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:47 pm

This is a problem with the new post-processing pipeline. We are fixing it and will be posting an update today! We apologize for the inconvenience.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:46 pm

billkay wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:54 am I'm having issues with rendering as well and its really frustrating.it works for the first rendered try but once you change something and rendered again final look comes out different and it looks plain and distort
This doesn't happen if rendering on Easy 09 - to continue working while you wait for the update.

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:24 pm

The fix is now available, V2.15.3: https://www.twilightrender.com/index.php/downloads