V2 licence for V1 faithful users ?

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
mstepuch
SketchUp: 21

V2 licence for V1 faithful users ?

Post by mstepuch » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:00 pm

Hello,
I have a question for V2 development team.
I am a V1 licensed and faithful user and I want to upgrade to V2.
For now I thought that V2 is an upgrade to V1, and if I have a license for V1 I'll get an upgrade free.
I can't get such information in the FAQ or Buy section.
It looks like V2 is separate software worth new price.
May be I am wrong?
I was waiting for new version (as an upgrade) for about 6 months.

What now, how i can get licensed V2 copy as a licensed V1 user?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: V2 licence for V1 faithful users ?

Post by Fletch » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:39 pm

One way for people to get a free license to V2 Pro is to be a translator.

Another way is for people to provide Twilight Ready content (contribute actively to the forum, not just "lurk" but rather excel at contributing content, help, ideas, images, etc.

Consider also our response to a similar question from another long-time V1 user:
Hello Silu, we are sorry, but there is no discount for upgrade to 2.0 Pro. Twilight Render 1.0 was released 5 years ago and we never asked for money for upgrades through 1.x releases. A lot of effort and development went into V2.0. We released a free upgrade to hobby. This is our "discount" version. Hobby has many great advantages over V1 and in 50 ways is better than V1, including faster engine, better procedurals, many more template materials,improved animation, and section cut rendering! But it is, understandably, missing a couple important features useful for professionals, like the deep material editor, and exploration render. Twilight Render remains one of the highest value rendering tools for SketchUp currently on the market and after much study we are confident that even at $99USD it is extremely reasonably priced. It should be fairly priced 3x the current amount. Anyone who loves and uses Twilight for professional work should be glad to pay the low asking fee for pro and support continued development of Twilight Render.

leedeetee

Post by leedeetee » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Hello Silu, we are sorry, but there is no discount for upgrade to 2.0 Pro. Twilight Render 1.0 was released 5 years ago and we never asked for money for upgrades through 1.x releases. A lot of effort and development went into V2.0. We released a free upgrade to hobby. This is our "discount" version. Hobby has many great advantages over V1 and in 50 ways is better than V1, including faster engine, better procedurals, many more template materials,improved animation, and section cut rendering! But it is, understandably, missing a couple important features useful for professionals, like the deep material editor, and exploration render. Twilight Render remains one of the highest value rendering tools for SketchUp currently on the market and after much study we are confident that even at $99USD it is extremely reasonably priced. It should be fairly priced 3x the current amount. Anyone who loves and uses Twilight for professional work should be glad to pay the low asking fee for pro and support continued development of Twilight Render.
Amen to that, I have absolutely no qualms about paying the price 99USD or about £60 to me here in the UK - absolutely outstanding value in my humble opinion.
The above is probably a stupid question. Thank-you for your patience.

mstepuch
SketchUp: 21

Post by mstepuch » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:40 am

I agree.
Absolutely worth another 99 USD.
I am making Polish translation and I'll buy Pro instead of that.
Only by exploring Pro interface I can get the context of the commands to translate it properly.