Render failed to run

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
jennielowery

Re: Render failed to run

Post by jennielowery » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:22 am

I'm having the same issue. I have 3 files all with similar items inside (same project, it's huge, so I broke it into sections). The 1st 2 files rendered great, this 3rd file has started the "failed to render" it doesn't even really try. Starts and immediently the "render complete" dialog pops up but at the bottom of the render screen is says "this render may have failed to run".

Out of the 3 files I've worked on today this one is mid sized @ 29,696 kb (the largest one that has already rendered perfectly was 43,510 kb)

I've deleted out all the items individually that aren't also in the other files to see if one of them is causing it, but no luck. I have used the Purge plug in and Sketchup's purge tool. There are 1,352 components and 88 materials. I went thru and made sure nothing was grouped more than 3 deep.

I've had this problem before in the past and it was reversed faces, but I have checked and rechecked and cannot find one flipped; everything is white, as it should be.

I'm using Sketchup 2020 Pro, and I have the latest Version of Twilight Pro as well.

My LOG before I rendered
19:51:04: Log Started.
19:51:47: Geometry Processing Time: 27 (s)
19:52:52: Geometry Processing Time: 27 (s)
19:55:17: Geometry Processing Time: 26 (s)
20:04:54: Geometry Processing Time: 26 (s)

32GB RAM
AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT 6-Core Processor
AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100 Graphics Card

I watched as it tried to render and the CPU and Memory usage are both under 20%, very few other things are open .. usually I have a crap ton of stuff open, including Photoshop and it usually doesn't bother anything. I've also rebooted.

I always render at these settings, I have it saved as a Preset:
What render method? 09 - Post Process Filmic
What render size? 1200 x900

How many lights? 28 (but I have deleted half of them and tried again to no avail)
How many light emitting materials? There are 2 I believe (they are on multiple items though, same 2 textures used just multiple items (maybe 20 of them, to mimic overhead lights). I'm not quite certain how to check this though. I did have more but I'm fairly certain I was able to remove them. Never had any issues using these lights before .. I have them saved as a model and insert it into each file to use.

I can send a moderator the file to dig in if required, but I'd rather not post it publicly since this design belongs to a client, and my boss wouldn't like me handing out our models or the clients design on a public forum either.

Help! I really need to get this figured out so I can get these renderings to this client before I lose this job to a competitor.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:06 pm

Did you try moving the camera forward a few centimeters/inches?
We have noticed some failed renderings recently simply because the camera is sharing 3D space with a wall or other object.

copy and paste the project into a clean new file and see if it will render now. Sometimes SketchUp is quirky.

try putting all components like furniture, etc., downloaded from the 3D warehouse onto a single layer/other layers (tags) and turn off those layers before rendering. Will it render without any of those components? If so, try to bring back half of the components, test render again. Try to use this method to isolate the problem component(s).

Open the Log file in Extensions>TwilightV2>Options before you render and it may tell us something.

Try running diagnostics on the file and post results here.
Extensions>Twilight v2>Diagnostic in the Diagnostic Report dialog go to Diagnostic pull-down menu run full diagnostic

You can send me a PM with download link to the file for diagnostic.

jennielowery

Post by jennielowery » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:23 pm

Fletch wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:06 pm 3
try putting all components like furniture, etc., downloaded from the 3D warehouse onto a single layer/other layers (tags) and turn off those layers before rendering. Will it render without any of those components? If so, try to bring back half of the components, test render again. Try to use this method to isolate the problem component(s).
You are a life saver! This was it. What's weird, is I've used this component multiple times in other renderings and it's never caused a problem before, but it was definately the issue here. I only have 4 items in the drawing that I didn't model myself (and it's a stupid simplistic one too, I just didn't wanna take the time to model it when I was able to download from the manufacturer lol). Once I redrew it myself and purged it's back to rendering!

Thank you so much! :gj:

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:21 pm

Whew! Glad you found it.