Indoor Lighting

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
garystan

Indoor Lighting

Post by garystan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:34 am

Hi Twilight :

Is it possible to make a desk lamp, that I created in Sketchup 8, a working light ? That way, when I render it, it will emit the light to the area where I put it ?

Thanks,
garystan

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Indoor Lighting

Post by Fletch » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:46 pm

yes, once you insert a Twilight light object into the desklamp component, you can save that into your SketchUp components folders wherever you like, and so then you can insert that lamp as a component into any scene.
People who purchase Twilght Pro also get free access to the many pre-made light components available for Twilight which are ready to render.

Here is the Bauhaus Lamp Scene free for your reference/example. Subject: V2 How Fast Are You - Official Twilight Scene - Bauhaus Lamp
Attachments
Indoor-LightSampleImage (1).jpg
Indoor-LightSampleImage (1).jpg (101.39 KiB) Viewed 5748 times
Outdoor-LightSampleImage.jpg
Outdoor-LightSampleImage.jpg (230.63 KiB) Viewed 5748 times
ManufacturedLightSampler (1).png
ManufacturedLightSampler (1).png (142.65 KiB) Viewed 5748 times
Twilight2-LightComponents-Indoor (1).png
Twilight2-LightComponents-Indoor (1).png (95.26 KiB) Viewed 5748 times
Twilight2-LightComponents-Outdoor (1).jpg
Twilight2-LightComponents-Outdoor (1).jpg (172.09 KiB) Viewed 5748 times

garystan

Post by garystan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Fletch wrote:yes, once you insert a Twilight light object into the desklamp component, you can save that into your SketchUp components folders wherever you like, and so then you can insert that lamp as a component into any scene.
People who purchase Twilght Pro also get free access to the many pre-made light components available for Twilight which are ready to render.

Here is the Bauhaus Lamp Scene free for your reference/example. Subject: V2 How Fast Are You - Official Twilight Scene - Bauhaus Lamp
REPLY :

Thanks for the advice. Question........that bottom scene..........is that a tub ? Even if it isn't.....that's a NICE rendering. Looks quiet.......calm....etc.............

garystan

Smiley

Post by Smiley » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:11 pm

Fletch wrote:yes, once you insert a Twilight light object into the desklamp component, you can save that into your SketchUp components folders wherever you like, and so then you can insert that lamp as a component into any scene.

Hi Fletch, where can I find these components?. I tried searching, but "light components" are too common words.. :?
Sandy

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:47 pm

Good to see you, Smiley. :welcome:
The light components are found in the Red Carpet section of the forum, look for "Resources" section heading, then look for the topic "Light Components for V2"