Fredo6's Animator integration ?

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Fredo6's Animator integration ?

Post by Chris » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:28 pm

It's always a good idea to start with Low/Low+ because often, especially in a well lit scene, it renders perfectly well.

As mentioned before, you'll definitely want to use the Animation presets when using moving geometry. Otherwise you get a lot of flashing. So try out the Low+Object Animation preset. It will be a little less brightly lit but should still work well.

ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Post by ntxdave » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:46 pm

Chris wrote:....... try out the Low+Object Animation preset. It will be a little less brightly lit but should still work well.......
Now I have to have an animation to try it with. I would like to be able to build a object animation to test it. :)

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:57 pm

Here is a render in the Hobby version of Twilight Render. It is just a test and the animation itself is a very low quality. I used the Preview Object Animation setting. It took about 2 hours to produce (151 frames). The movie itself was then made using the free Microsoft Movie Maker with each frame set to .1 duration (again not ideal). The only output supported by that software is WMV and MP4.

The object was to see the quality of the image generated for the animation. While it is not the highest quality I have ever seen, I think it is acceptable and if this is what will happen when used with the Animator plugin (in beta), I think people will be pleased. You will note that this feature will only be available for the Pro version of Twilight, but IMO it will probably be enough of an incentive to make many Hobby owners upgrade to the Pro version. Animator supports several types of movie formats and this could have also been rendered with a step higher quality (and longer render time). Again, JMHO, I think coupling these two products together could be a winner.

Chris

Post by Chris » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:14 pm

:^:

It's always a balance between render time and quality. But I think this is actually pretty good quality for a simple scene. (Especially since it was rendered using Preview!)

We certainly hope that the inter-operation with Animator will bring good results for everyone. We've been working with Fredo this last week, in fact, and are well on our way to having a usable feature.

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:43 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

In a thread on SketchUcation earlier today, I answered a post by boofredlay who is now going to be a beta tester for Animator. I assume he will come up with some pretty impressive stuff since he is a Twilight Render sage. This is great news from my perspective. I look forward to seeing what he comes up with.

It is just my opinion, but I think this has some great opportunity for both products. I definitely need to learn how to use Twilight better. Even though I am not an engineer nor an artist, I had fun trying to explore the possibilities.

I appreciate the responses and patience in helping me to try to learn. I have been using SketchUp for about 2 1/2 years and it is becoming a really fun hobby for me. :rspkt: :hat:

Pilou

Post by Pilou » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:21 pm

I have seen that the last version of Animator 8 Jul 2016 by Fredo6 supports Twilight Render! :^:

So what is the process?
Last edited by Pilou on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pilou (Frenchy)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:27 pm

All I know at this point is that you have to have the Pro version.......

Any other feedback on this topic would be welcomed. :)

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:30 pm

We will be posting some Windows installers in just a little bit (to the Animator thread on SketchUcation). The post lists Twilight Render V3.5. That should be V2.5. :D (specifically, 2.5.5)

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Thanks for the info. I need to go purchase the upgrade so I can give it a try. I am working on an animation right now and testing some Twilight set ups. Having a little trouble getting lighting the way I will want it but think I may have just figured out some things that will work. However, my current configuration is taking ~3:57 for a render so the animated render could take a while.

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:17 am

The links for Twilight Render Pro installers (for Windows only right now) have been posted to the Animator beta here: http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtop ... 01&t=65371.

There aren't any big updates, just the availability of rendering with Animator. Let us know if you encounter any errors.

As mentioned in the post, you must have a Pro license to use it. If you install the Pro version, Twilight Render will show up as a render option but you will get a "must have a Pro license" message if you try to render with Twilight Render through Animator.