Discrepancy in views - Is Photomatch the culprit?

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
JDZYN
SketchUp: 2017

Discrepancy in views - Is Photomatch the culprit?

Post by JDZYN » Mon May 30, 2016 7:51 pm

My workflow on this particular project has been to render a scene (high6) using a grey sky color/no sun and a clay version using the same setup to enhance shading.
I'll then export a couple different images of the same scene out of SKP. One, just shadows (no lines) which I colorize and set to multiply and second just a "shaded" view (no materials, lines, or shadows) that I use to assist with magic wand selections.

I'm working on my third view which was set up using "match photo".
I had created the first two views and the team wanted to mess around with different views, which they did within their own copy of the model and sent the screen cap to me.

When I attempted to combine the images, I realized there's a slight discrepancy between the outputs. I know that shifting things after one does a "two point perspective" can throw it off.
Anyone know about Photomatch issues? Attached is a image to indicate how subtle, but none the less problematic, the discrepancy is.

And before you ask, I've double/triple checked to make sure my layer edges are aligned with the image boundary.

This bit may be more of a SKP question... typically, if you orbit or pan or otherwise manually change a view, it (more or less) seamlessly follows. But in this instance, things get really jumpy.
I don't do enough photo matches to know if this is "normal".
Attachments
offset.jpg
offset.jpg (107.72 KiB) Viewed 3709 times

JDZYN
SketchUp: 2017

Re: Discrepancy in views - Is Photomatch the culprit?

Post by JDZYN » Mon May 30, 2016 10:35 pm

When I selected the Twilight scene view tool while in the photomatch view, there was a slight "jump" more/less commensurate with the discrepancy I was noticing.
So for anyone else doing photomatches, be sure to hit the Twilight Scene view, then "ADD SCENE" because it also seems you can't *right click, update* a photomatch scene.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Discrepancy in views - Is Photomatch the culprit?

Post by Fletch » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:02 am

JDZYN wrote:When I selected the Twilight scene view tool while in the photomatch view, there was a slight "jump" more/less commensurate with the discrepancy I was noticing.
So for anyone else doing photomatches, be sure to hit the Twilight Scene view, then "ADD SCENE" because it also seems you can't *right click, update* a photomatch scene.
This is correct, a photomatch scene can not be updated.

Clearly something odd is happening with this particular photomatch scene. By doing as you've done, and creating a new scene based on the photomatch scene after using the Twilight Scene tool, this is most reliable for image overlay matching. However, that said, I've not had any trouble rendering photo-matched images and am not sure in this case what could be the matter.

It sounds like you've been able to fix the issue by creating a new scene. :^: