Light from outside room

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Re: Light from outside room

Post by ntxdave » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:08 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Still another go.....worked on the lamp a little and like this but probably could still be improved. I am going to go off and work on something more elaborate...stay tuned.
Room v9.jpg
Room v9.jpg (194.63 KiB) Viewed 5668 times

pbacot
SketchUp: 2019

Post by pbacot » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:51 pm

\
Last edited by pbacot on Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pbacot
SketchUp: 2019

Post by pbacot » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:52 pm

Hey, nice! The lamp seems to be showing up when there's a lot of ambient light (I mean you don't expect to see such a glow when it is already so light in the room. What sort of lighting setup is used for the light from the window?

NIce all around--though I expect you'll get better furniture soon. The room just seems bright as if it is actually a patio of some sort.

ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Post by ntxdave » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:00 pm

pbacot wrote:Hey, nice! The lamp seems to be showing up when there's a lot of ambient light (I mean you don't expect to see such a glow when it is already so light in the room. What sort of lighting setup is used for the light from the window?

NIce all around--though I expect you'll get better furniture soon. The room just seems bright as if it is actually a patio of some sort.
I agree with your comments. I really had these goals in mind:
  1. Learn how to add a background image for a render
  2. Learn how to add an external light that would show through a window and then light up the interior
  3. Learn how to add something like the lamp and how to control/modify it
The exterior light is a sport light as was suggested earlier in this thread. I then made several versions setting the target as was suggested. In the process, I also learned about using the Architectural Glass instead of some of the other glass settings and was happy that I also wound up with some reflections in the glass. During this process, thanks to other posts in this thread, I also learned about the camera settings at the bottom of the render window to adjust the rendered image to have even further impact of the final product. All in all, I think I personally learned a lot during this exercise (one of those being how much more I need to learn). As I said, in my last post, I am going to used this experience to go off and work on some more complicated interior projects where I will have to use even more lighting.

Yes, I know the furniture was not the best for this environment but I just picked one of the first I found on the 3D warehouse so I could work on the three goals I listed above.

I appreciate all of the feedback and suggestions I have gotten in this thread. This is how one learns and expands, IMHO. :D

tuna57
SketchUp: SU 2015Pro SU2018Pro

Post by tuna57 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:04 pm

:gj:
TwilightPro V2.11