Output size consistency

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
jimn1619

Output size consistency

Post by jimn1619 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:14 pm

I have a problem that is driving me nuts. I do a render and bring it into Photoshop for post processing. I do not resize it in any way. If I go back to make revisions at a later time and use the same settings as the original rendering it never lines up with the original. The output is based on the size of the monitor and the toolbars filling the workspace. Is there a way to guarantee you are outputting the exact same size when you come back to make a revision a month later?

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Output size consistency

Post by Chris » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:09 pm

Yes. Uncheck 'Fit to View Proportions'. This will render the exact pixel dimensions set.

jimn1619

Post by jimn1619 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:58 am

Yes, but the output is still based on the Sketchup viewport size and proportions, correct? In other words, if I mistakenly rendered the original with the Sketchup screen not completely maximized I will get a different result if I render again maximized. Or I render on a second monitor with different proportions from the original. Is there a way to lock in the size in those cases? Or do I have to make sure I have everything exactly the same each render? Thanks.

Glenn-CO
SketchUp: 2018pro

Post by Glenn-CO » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:58 am

This might help:
Sizer is a freeware utility that allows you to resize any window to an exact, predefined size
http://www.brianapps.net/sizer/

There is another version in the Sketchup extension warehouse, I can't think of the name, so you might have to dig around.
**found it http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/conte ... rt-resizer

I use sizer, works great.
Glenn

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:20 pm

jimn1619 wrote:Yes, but the output is still based on the Sketchup viewport size and proportions, correct?
Nope. If you uncheck 'Fit to View Proportions' your render will always be rendered the same. Now, if you move your viewpoint it will obviously be different. But if you get the viewpoint you want and create a Scene for it, the position will be saved and you can easily restore it by clicking on the scene tab.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:24 pm

jimn1619 wrote:Yes, but the output is still based on the Sketchup viewport size and proportions, correct? In other words, if I mistakenly rendered the original with the Sketchup screen not completely maximized I will get a different result if I render again maximized. Or I render on a second monitor with different proportions from the original. Is there a way to lock in the size in those cases? Or do I have to make sure I have everything exactly the same each render? Thanks.
Please watch the video tutorials, this is incorrect.
As Chris said, the SU output and the Twilight output should match perfectly - if you are rendering from a scene tab view.

phrimagination
SketchUp: su pro 2017

Post by phrimagination » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:59 pm

I agree with Glen Co.

Try the Eneroth Viewport Resizer free extension for SU.

I was having the same problem as you to find the same proportion of an old rendering of a projet.
That happened to me when I upgraded SU or Windows or monitor size.. The toolbars didn't have the same size... so the viewport size.

The plug in allow you to enter the size of the viewport.....
Hope that will work you.