Right color of material

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Federico

Right color of material

Post by Federico » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi, I have an issue and don't know how to fix it.

Lets say I need to the exterior of a house and I have 3 different materials, like bottom part of the wall is painted bricks, the main is board and batten and then there are some beans and trims and they all need to be the same color how do you do that? In PS I found "color replacement tool" but sometimes get close some times way off. What's the best way to do it?

Also one time I read something somewhere about been able to download a Benjamin Moore color palette but don't remember where was that article....any ideas? Just to get the right color

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Right color of material

Post by Chris » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:27 pm

So you have 3 image textures and you want them to all have the same Hue?

That's a tough one, because each image isn't starting from the same place (color-wise). If the resulting images are supposed to be monochromatic (like painted brick, painted siding, etc), I would do this (its in Gimp but I bet PS has similar).

1. Make the image black and white using Desaturate
2. Use the Colorize tool and adjust the Hue. This takes the black and white and converts it into a colorized monochromatic image
3. Do the same for each image using the same Hue for each

Federico

Post by Federico » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:57 pm

I tried but is not working...or I'm doing something wrong.

The color I need is spanish moss R 86 G 77 B 70. I desaturated an image then applied a channel mixed layer and added that RGB but come out pink.

:doh:

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:40 pm

To color a texture image in photoshop:
watch this .giffy tutorial how to color a texture in photoshop