The Twilight Render Team shares tips, ideas, helpful hints, and more on using Twilight Render
- Posts: 10271
- Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:41 pm
- OS: PC 64bit
- SketchUp: 7-2018
Sometimes when you render with Easy 06 High or Easy 07 High+ strange lights or odd spot lights or white spots appear in the image. This is due to low caustics settings.
If you are a Twilight Render V2 Pro user, you can easily edit the setting to create a version with Caustics disabled.
- Highlight/select the "High" easy render setting
- Choose to edit the setting with the edit button
- Find the Caustics value and set to "0" by clicking the red word "Value" and then unchecking the "true" box.
- Choose to "Save as" and place in this location giving it a clear name:
OSX: "~Library > Application Support > TwilightV2 > Render Settings"
- Then to render with the updated render setting press the "Refresh" button in the render settings pull-down menu
- go to the "Custom" settings to choose the updated setting as you named it.
- COMPARE.jpg (748.88 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
- STEPS.png (304.31 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:51 pm
- OS: Windows
- SketchUp: Pro 2018
Thank you so much for that information!
I´ve tried so many ways to get rid of those spots... I have tried different light settings and so on. And finally i know how to do it. Thank you!
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:48 am
Is there a way to disable caustics in the hobby version?
- Posts: 4830
- Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:00 am
- OS: Win10
- SketchUp: 2016
You can follow the steps above to disable caustics but you will have to manually edit the render settings file in a text editor. You should be able to find the render settings at "~Library > Application Support > TwilightV2 > Render Settings"
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest