Living room and Dining room

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
jinacios2905
SketchUp: hobby

Living room and Dining room

Post by jinacios2905 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:49 pm

Hello Freinds!

I'm new in this forum and also a noob in design and rendering.
I'm not an archtect, I'm an industrial engineer.
Design became a hobby to me, and I'm projecting and desining my own house (a house I want to built)

I Would like receive tips from you abou how descorate the space and how to make my rendering more realistic.
Attachments
living room and dining room
living room and dining room
Sala.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 10679 times
Jinacios :hat:

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Living room and Dining room

Post by Fletch » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:00 pm

:welcome: jinacios2905
This is looking very good! :^:

Are you intending the glass to be greenish blue? Normally it would not have a color - if you prefer it to be normal/clear, you should change color of the glass to pure white.

Only way I can see to improve to be more photo realistic would be to use higher quality furniture models (couch for example).

Tone mapping the image after creation is easy and very important for increasing photo realism/how your image is perceived. Tone mapping means to make the contrast/brightness/exposure/saturation/coloration all look its best.

The lighting is looking great here, but of course some artificial lighting would exist in the space, that would be the next step.
See the video tutorials linked in my signature - find the one on Architectural Interior Lighting in Twilight Render see also the one for Twilight Render Tutorial Materials Architectural Interior as it may be helpful.

jinacios2905

Post by jinacios2905 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Hello @Fletch!

Thanks for the great reception and also for the tips!

I do intent the glass to be a bit green/blue (it's tendence in Brazil), but actually its greener than I really want and I don't know why, I've edited it's opacity to 10% and still too much strong color.

I'll try to find some greater forniture and learn about tonemapping, coz I don't really know how to do it, but I fast learning.

In this rendered ive already added some artficial point light in the ceilling, but I didn't find the components I've seen in your tutorial videos of lights, probably coz I still using hobby version of twilight.

attatched two pics:
one of how the glass seems before rendering and other showing a house with green glass.

One more question.... What template should I use for this kind of couch in the render?
Attachments
instalacao-de-corrimao-de-vidro-verde.jpg
instalacao-de-corrimao-de-vidro-verde.jpg (58.53 KiB) Viewed 10671 times
Sem título.png
Sem título.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 10671 times
instalacao-de-corrimao-de-vidro-verde.jpg
instalacao-de-corrimao-de-vidro-verde.jpg (25.92 KiB) Viewed 10671 times

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:32 pm

jinacios2905 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:50 pm Hello @Fletch!

Thanks for the great reception and also for the tips!

I do intent the glass to be a bit green/blue (it's tendence in Brazil), but actually its greener than I really want and I don't know why, I've edited it's opacity to 10% and still too much strong color.
try desaturating color and set opacity to 3%
Use a small material practice scene for your glass or any other material you want to test quickly - with only a few faces in in the scene and good lighting (maybe use studio hdri?) so you can render and render again as you try to get the material correct, then paste that into your scene.
jinacios2905 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:50 pm I'll try to find some greater forniture and learn about tonemapping, coz I don't really know how to do it, but I fast learning.
:^:

jinacios2905 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:50 pm In this rendered ive already added some artficial point light in the ceilling, but I didn't find the components I've seen in your tutorial videos of lights, probably coz I still using hobby version of twilight.
Subject: Can Light and 2x2 or 2x4 Standard Ceilight Light Components

jinacios2905 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:50 pm attatched two pics:
one of how the glass seems before rendering and other showing a house with green glass.
see comment about glass above.
jinacios2905 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:50 pm One more question.... What template should I use for this kind of couch in the render?
paint > flat, and set strength of good bump map to 1, try shininess to 7.

jinacios2905

Post by jinacios2905 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Hello Friends

I've changede some things and rendered again considering the tips received here inthis post.

Hope the render has improved.

Would Aprecciate more tips.

Ps: What causes the strange light on upper left corner? How to eliminate this effect?
modelo 4 jhonatan 2.0_Cena4.jpg
modelo 4 jhonatan 2.0_Cena4.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 10472 times

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:02 am

The seating furniture models definitely help the scene look much better. :^:
The most distracting part of this image for me is the green glass, and the green glass on the stairway. The colors you choose to render need to be adjusted to match more closely to your example image you provided above. The model for the glass could be more accurate. And I would apply the refractive (realistic) green glass on the edge of the glass, and a less green glass on the larger surfaces and suggest that you use an "architectural" or "thin" glass material. I'm providing an example scene with a glass table and the materials set up like this, for your convenience.
Model: Glass Table Top with Green Edge

The upper left corner appears to be a "light leak" this is because you likely have no wall and ceiling thickness there. Be sure your walls and ceiling are closed boxes with thickness, not single planes intersecting one another. The other possibility is that it is a light flare due to low ray tracing photon mapping or final gathering parameters (need to use higher quality render setting). The Easy 09 setting would be perfect for your scene's final render, and will not show light leaks.
Screenshot 2019-08-19 10.10.18.png
Screenshot 2019-08-19 10.10.18.png (47.72 KiB) Viewed 10446 times
The lighting here looks quite good to me. :^: I mean that it seems realistic in the sense that the lights you are inserting seem to be lighting the scene properly.
Twilight Render is physically accurate, meaning that it will not create lights for you where they do not exist in the scene.
If you look how actual photography of architecture works, you will see that all lights in the space should be turned on, and there are times that a photographer must place some "creative" lighting to get the "look" for the shot they want. We, as 3D rendering experts should learn from them, as we also must place lights where they are needed to get the look/reflections we want.

Watch this! :>: How to light architecture for photography

You may also like this! :>: Photographer's Work Flow for Achieving the Perfect Image

Finally, DOF (depth of field) will improve realism by slightly blurring the foreground flowers and vases.

jinacios2905

Post by jinacios2905 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:23 am

Thanks, fletch!

I'll check this tips you added!

I'll change glass color in rendering box in sketchup it's already 98% opacity.

Soon I'll share modifield image.

Thanks so much

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:26 pm

jinacios2905 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:23 am I'll change glass color in rendering box in sketchup it's already 98% opacity.
The SketchUp color opacity no longer effects the glass opacity when rendering when using Architectural Glass template. Change the alpha in the Material dialog for the Twilight Material properties.

jinacios2905

Post by jinacios2905 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:43 pm

Fletch wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:26 pm
jinacios2905 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:23 am I'll change glass color in rendering box in sketchup it's already 98% opacity.
The SketchUp color opacity no longer effects the glass opacity when rendering when using Architectural Glass template. Change the alpha in the Material dialog for the Twilight Material properties.
:o ... probably that is the point

jinacios2905

Post by jinacios2905 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:39 pm

Fletch wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:02 am The seating furniture models definitely help the scene look much better.
Finally, DOF (depth of field) will improve realism by slightly blurring the foreground flowers and vases.
Hello friends,

Followed Fletch tips and got improved my rendering, althoug it can not be cunfused to a photograpy yet, to me seems much better.

Increased sun strength
Increased interior lights strength
Changed Chandelier
Changed the plant
Changed the table vase
used a lighter green for glass
corrected some glass wich had no thickness
Used easy 9 rendering setting (but still grained, even after more than 400 passes)

Some things I dunno how to do, but I'll learn!

1 - Tonemapping
2 - Change DOF

Some things that after changes above I noticed I have to change:

- Reduces chandelier light that is reflecting in foreground furniture
- Change the dinning chairs to better ones

Any more tips?
modelo 4 Jonathan 2.0_Cena6 interior.jpg
modelo 4 Jonathan 2.0_Cena6 interior.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 10362 times