- To get a frosted bare bulb, put a small point light (1cm radius) inside of the bulb model of 2cm radius or bigger and set the power to 40-60 watts (840 Lumens).
- Then paint the glass of the bulb with a color that matches the color of the frosted bulb color you want call it "light bulb glass"
- Then apply the Twilight Material Template called "Lamp Glass>Gloss" or "Lamp Glass>Matte" to your "light bulb glass" material - the glossy one will give reflections on the surface even when the light itself is turned off. This assumes that the light bulb you have made does not have a thickness, but is a "thin shell" type of model.
The Twilight Render Team shares tips, ideas, helpful hints, and more on using Twilight Render
1 post • Page 1 of 1
See free attached scene for Twilight Render frosted bare light bulb.
- bulb-frosted-glowing.jpg (179.82 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
- (408.32 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
- bulb-frosted-glowing-skp.jpg (76.88 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests