How to use Twilight with SketchyPhysics

The Twilight Render Team shares tips, ideas, helpful hints, and more on using Twilight Render
shareck

Re: How to use Twilight with SketchyPhysics

Post by shareck » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:24 pm

Thanks for the hints. Still i'm not sure why it rendered like this, but i've done few animation renders from scratch keeping in mind everything you've said and it's fine now. And the camera movement is soo smooth. Thank you (or whoever is responsible) for implementing Sketchyphysics animation in Twilight.
And the new animation can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Lp-fAg0oM

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 am

:shock:
that. tank. is. awesome.

Great work! I hope you shared this with others at other forums you are involved with. ;)

Can't wait to see more from you.

If you were able to send me a higher quality video to email at suppport at twilightrender we would look at putting it on the website here for you. ;)

notareal

Post by notareal » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:22 pm

shareck wrote:Thanks for the hints. Still i'm not sure why it rendered like this, but i've done few animation renders from scratch keeping in mind everything you've said and it's fine now. And the camera movement is soo smooth. Thank you (or whoever is responsible) for implementing Sketchyphysics animation in Twilight.
And the new animation can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Lp-fAg0oM
That's a great little animation. Thinking SU back to couple of years, it's almost unreal how it evolved thanks to 3th part developers.

shareck

Post by shareck » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Fletch wrote::shock:
If you were able to send me a higher quality video to email at suppport at twilightrender we would look at putting it on the website here for you. ;)
I think i can do that. what resolution do you mean?

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:16 pm

something with less heavy compression... seems pixelated on YouTube...
I can resize it smaller if it's too high or wide.

have you tried Xvid codec compression?

shareck

Post by shareck » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:53 pm

The original file i uploade to youtube is actually compressed with xvid with very high quality leaving the file size acceptable but not adding any compression artefacts. but the animation was rendered at 500x260 and than i resampled it to 1000x520 (it wasn't necessary really) hence the blurred image.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:14 pm

ok, send original size with xvid compression, please :)

Click Draw

Post by Click Draw » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi all,
I just joined this forum and haven't had time to even try Twilight yet, but based on comments from another forum I belong to, I just bought it. I would love to see a video tutorial on the animation process. Any chance of that?
Cheers,
Jeff

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:28 pm

We will make a nice tutorial for this.
Until then, there is this one.

steevecalvin

Post by steevecalvin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09 am

Twilight is the same problem that i pointed on twilight forum a while ago. What it is is the fact that when i have my scenes set up in sketchup and when i play sketchup animation the camera transitions are smooth. But when twilight renders the SP animation camera behaves weird sometime. I don't know why. I thought i figured it out already as i didn't have this problem with other SP renders but it happened again with the Stug
Defeat is not bitter unless you swallow it.