Front Face Tool by Tomasz

The Twilight Render Team shares tips, ideas, helpful hints, and more on using Twilight Render
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Front Face Tool by Tomasz

Post by Fletch » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:19 pm

I wanted to let EVERYONE know about our dear friend Tomasz's FANTASTIC plugin... "Front Face Tool"

It is important with most materials that the Front (white) face in SketchUp be the one painted, and seen by your camera. This is how a render engine can calculate the reflection of light correctly.
Front Face Tool is made for you to flip the back faces WITHOUT needing to open components or groups, it even flips the individual faces of smooth curved surfaces. ;)
It works extremely quickly and simply.

Please visit Tomasz Marek's website to try it. And tell him a big "Thank You" for sharing his talent and generosity with the world.

Ecuadorian
SketchUp: 7.1

Re: Front Face Tool by Tomasz

Post by Ecuadorian » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:41 am

This tool has just saved my life. I received a .3ds model full of reversed faces inside nested objects and I was already planning to start from scratch instead of trying to repair it.

At first the script puzzled me as I was trying to click/right click on back faces, until I finally understood that all I had to do was hover over the back faces, exactly as Tomasz says in his website.

Thank you, Tomasz!

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:34 am

Ecuadorian wrote:... until I finally understood that all I had to do was...exactly as Tomasz says in his website...
Confucious wrote:"He who no read instruction shoot self in foot".
:lol:

Dylan
SketchUp: 8

Post by Dylan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:21 pm

Wow, what a cool tool!
That is so clever and so fast :gj: