cabinet distressing

The Twilight Render Team shares tips, ideas, helpful hints, and more on using Twilight Render
jwsimons

cabinet distressing

Post by jwsimons » Mon May 21, 2012 5:58 pm

This may sound like an odd request, but I am wanting to produce some renderings of "before and after" of commercial cabinets on my website. The after part I have covered importing different laminates , and other materials. It's the "before" I'm stymied on. I need to show chipped up, broken, and dirty laminate on doors, drawers, and edges.
Any ideas?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: cabinet distressing

Post by Fletch » Mon May 21, 2012 9:34 pm

You will need to do this either by painting your own chipped/damaged textures in photoshop or other image editor, and placing them on your models, and rendering.
or, just use pics of existing, ... I realize that will not be a true matching "before and after"

jwsimons

Post by jwsimons » Tue May 22, 2012 12:35 am

Thanks Fletch, I thought that might be the answer. But I had to go for that "oh, it's simple just do this" trick. I appreciate your help so far. I'm an old Generic Cadd (now General Cadd) and thier forum and this one I have to say are the most responsive. I am really glad I went with you guys. By the way I'm in my first week of SU + TwilightRender, and have my first promotional commercial cabinet rendering in the oven, that I think I am going to be real proud of.
Thanks again for your help...........Joe

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Wed May 23, 2012 3:14 pm

jwsimons wrote:By the way I'm in my first week of SU + TwilightRender, and have my first promotional commercial cabinet rendering in the oven, that I think I am going to be real proud of.
:gj: we look forward to seeing your work. ;)