How to equally split threads on multiple renders?

The Twilight Render Team shares tips, ideas, helpful hints, and more on using Twilight Render
cfrancisco02

How to equally split threads on multiple renders?

Post by cfrancisco02 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Hello,

Is there any way that I can split the amount of threads on a computer so I can render multiple twilight renders? Currently 1 twilight render model can make 20 threads. Thanks guys.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: How to equally split threads on multiple renders?

Post by Chris » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:02 pm

20 threads.... :?
You set the number of threads in the Advanced tab of the Render window by unchecking the "Always use maximum suggested threads" box and then setting the number of threads you want to use below that.

Do you really have a 20 core machine?

EDIT: If you are looking at the Task Manager, at the number of threads being used: 1) be aware that SketchUp uses a certain of threads and that has nothing to do with Twilight Render. On my machine, SU 2013 starts with 7 threads and SU 2014 starts with 14 and drops to 10 after a minute. 2) The number of threads listed are not necessarily the number of "active" threads; they could be stalled, dead, waiting to trigger every 10 seconds, who knows. So the number of threads listed in the task manager is not any kind of indication at all of how much processing Twilight Render is using.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: How to equally split threads on multiple renders?

Post by Fletch » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:11 pm

I would not change any threads or change any advanced settings.
open up 2 sessions of Sketchup and start a different scene to render in both sessions. The computer should automatically divide up the work without you doing anything further.