Easiest way to create VR tours [examples, tutorial]

The Twilight Render Team shares tips, ideas, helpful hints, and more on using Twilight Render
KrisKar

Easiest way to create VR tours [examples, tutorial]

Post by KrisKar » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share the process I use for creating VR tours of my work.

Step 1: Rendering 360 panoramas of my model (I work with ArchViz, so I usually go room by room, but could be any set of locations in or out of your model)
Step 2: Upload on theViewer.co and link with hotspots or warps (for moving from one panorama to another)
Step 3: Share and view VR or non-VR on the web, Android, iOS and GearVR apps
See an example tour here:
http://theviewer.co/share/theConstruct/ ... 050f8cc598

Its an awesome solution, that has helped me quite a bit, so I hope you'll find it useful as well
More info here http://theConstruct.co/beta

P.S. If you use other software, share your knowledge, as Im keen to try new software for ArchViz VR

Fletch
SketchUp: 7-2018

Re: Easiest way to create VR tours [examples, tutorial]

Post by Fletch » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:29 pm

Please post an image here that you have rendered using our software.

KrisKar

Post by KrisKar » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:16 am

Hi Fletch,

I cant share any official work Im currently presenting on the platform, as it is confidential.

If you would be so kind and share a couple generic scenes, I can render some panos and share the tours. The preview examples on theViewer.co are rendered with Corona, I think

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:33 am

How are you affiliated with theViewer... and how are you affiliated with the render engine?

It would appear, as you have never apparently been a part of our community before, that you are promoting other software.

If you can not, within 3 days, provide an example of a theviewer... site rendered by you with Twilight Render (there are literally thousands of "scenes" in the 3DWarehouse, pick any house you like) for you to render. You and your posts will be deleted as spam.

KrisKar

Post by KrisKar » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:42 am

Fletch wrote:How are you affiliated with theViewer... and how are you affiliated with the render engine?

It would appear, as you have never apparently been a part of our community before, that you are promoting other software.

If you can not, within 3 days, provide an example of a theviewer... site rendered by you with Twilight Render (there are literally thousands of "scenes" in the 3DWarehouse, pick any house you like) for you to render. You and your posts will be deleted as spam.
I feel this is a bit harsh, but I certainly dont want to upset you guys, so Ill render an example as soon as I have time. Bottom line, I just wanted to share what I find a valuable resource for ArchViz.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:49 am

Harsh would be to immediately ban/delete. I'm being quite generous. :)
Do not misunderstand. If you were a long-time contributor to our forum, there would be no question as to your intentions. We are giving you the benefit of the doubt.