Editing materials in hobby version

Share your materials, models, and resources for Twilight
NStocks

Editing materials in hobby version

Post by NStocks » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:20 pm

Just to check, I have the hobby version of Twilight Render and when I go to the material editor, the fields are all blank/missing and it's not possible to create materials at all - this is only a pro feature, right?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Editing materials in hobby version

Post by Fletch » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:16 pm

You must use the Material Selection Eyedropper to select a material to edit. If you have no materials in your scene, you must use SketchUp to get your material creation started. Twilight adds info on top of the materials you have already in SketchUp. Twilight does not allow you to create a material "from nothing" or "from scratch".

Please follow the tutorials on the website and our video tutorials. SEE LINKS IN MY SIGNATURE.

Please be sure you are using 32bit version if you are in 32 bit version of SketchUp, or 64bit version if you are using 64bit version of SketchUp.

oysterplus

Post by oysterplus » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:08 am

Twighlight Hobby
The materials edit box does not appear as shown on tutorials - no add sign etc.. You can use the dropper to pick material, but this gives little editing and when you re-open the box no longer seen -

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:20 pm

Twilight Render Hobby does not include the Deep Material Editor. It has access to the Template Material Editor, which still provides 99% of the material options you will ever need.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:16 am

oysterplus wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:08 amYou can use the dropper to pick material, but this gives little editing
After you select your material in your scene you go to the Template pull-down menu and choose which template to apply.
Then you will see the options to edit the material. Before you apply the template, there can be no options to edit.

oysterplus wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:08 am Twighlight Hobby
The materials edit box does not appear as shown on tutorials - no add sign etc.. You can use the dropper to pick material, but this gives little editing and when you re-open the box no longer seen -
Can you please show a screen shot of what you are experiencing?
Have you followed the getting started video tutorials? See link in my signature below.