to the Twilight Render CommunityFletch wrote:Version 2 Speed Test Benchmark Scene
We have been in need of a good Speed Test scene, and we liked the idea of using an object provided by the Twilight community for the Twilight community.
A speed test scene is intended for people to compare the speed of their machine to other machines on the forum, so that people can get an idea of how Twilight performs on different machines.
Our friend Alex Shura has kindly offered his model here of the Bauhaus Table Lamp who's design is often attributed to Wilhelm Wagenfeld (1924) and/or to Carl Jucker, yet the true designer is apparently in dispute.
To participate in this speed challenge, you do NOT need a license for Twilight. You may use the trial version!
- :>: Simply download the file attached below which is READY TO RENDER,
- :>: open it in SketchUp and
- :>: click the Render button.
- Do not change any settings before rendering.
- Free up as many resources on your machine as reasonable for the test. (don't run other CPU-intensive things like zipping files, processing video, or another rendering at the same time... but continuing to model in SU is fine)
- Be sure the "fit to view proportions" is unchecked (this should be the default).
- immediately take a screen shot (Alt+PrtScr, paste into image editor, save as .jpg) if you can of the final render window displaying
- the image,
- settings used, and
- time to complete for others to verify.
cpu: core i7 920 (2.66Ghz)
SU7 on Windows Vista 64bit
If you prefer an unzipped version of the file, we have also provided the .skp file below.