Re: Bathroom.

Post by RTD Laboratories » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:56 am

Yep, and the new wall tile makes it a lot nicer aswell :gj:
Andrew F

Mike1158
SketchUp: V19

Post by Mike1158 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:29 pm

Thanks Chris, it still has a long way to go.

Neets
SketchUp: Pro 2018

Post by Neets » Thu May 03, 2018 11:11 pm

On quick inspection I noticed that the lighting is too harsh and is overexposing some areas of the scene. It's always better to render darker, and adjust in Post Pro, than render too bright :) Any way that you can switch the sun off? I always try to keep artificial lighting off in daytime shots and keep direct sunlight off too. I prefer evenly lit scenes with no dramatic or distracting rays of sun. It's a more pleasant 'photographic' look.

I'd also reduce the wide angle lens a lot. This is a pet peeve of mine :( When you increase the field of view too much in SketchUp it ends up producing a distorted image and exaggerates the dimensions of the space too much.

I think the 3D model of the towels are also a little poor - get some better quality ones, and it will make a huge difference to the realism of the render.

Hope this helps!

Anita
Professional 3D Visualiser with a background in Interior Design. Founder of a SketchUp online learning platform for Interior Design professionals and students www.sketchuphub.com

posodrac
SketchUp: SU 17 Make

Post by posodrac » Fri May 04, 2018 10:42 am

Hey Mike, these were for free!
I hope Anita comment mine soon :whoot:

Mike1158

Post by Mike1158 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:51 am

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. On it. :^:

Neets
SketchUp: Pro 2018

Post by Neets » Fri May 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Hey Mike,

I didn't realise that we had already chatted previously in SketchUcation! Hope you found my feedback useful :)

@posodrac I'm happy to take a look at one of your renders, if you'd like me to!
Professional 3D Visualiser with a background in Interior Design. Founder of a SketchUp online learning platform for Interior Design professionals and students www.sketchuphub.com

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sat May 05, 2018 10:29 am

Hi Mike,

I apologize in advance if these have already been mentioned:

If I understand correctly this is supposed to be a handicapped accessible bathroom. I believe you're in the UK, so I know things are done differently from my neck of the woods, but there should, at minimum, be a hand grab bar/railing for the wheel-chair person to hold on to in order to shift (transfer) self from chair to toilet and back. I also know this as a person who has served as a personal assistant to a gentelman who was paraplegic. I also know, as I've spent a few days in a wheelchair for personal experience practice.

Same comment with tub - how is a disabled person supposed to enter it and exit it safely by themselves? There are many many guidelines online on how to design accessible bathrooms, it's a big "thing". It's unfortunately done quite badly in EU (I'm speaking as an American registered architect who has spent many years living in the EU) Again, I understand the requirements are vastly different from US/EU but I mean, we should strive to help the guy in the chair the best we can, right?

Next, the design of the space seems very utilitarian. Is this in an institutional setting? If it's an apartment, then one would expect it to feel a bit more warm and homey. The flooring doesn't seem right for bathroom. Maybe the bump for the tile is too strong but also wrong somehow?

Yes, the textures/materials are what you don't like most, the color choices/material choices could be much more attractive while maintaining tight budget (no offense intended, I've just worked on maybe a hundred bathrooms)

No mirror or place to set down anything (shampoo, shavers, toothpaste, soap, hand towel, no cabinets)?
The only cabinet provided is too high for a person in a wheel chair to use?

Finally, the lighting is making it very institutional feeling, like a school bathroom? Can lights strategically place to provide proper lighting in proper places would be maybe better?

All meant as constructive criticism, I know many times I've been asked to design or show things I didn't think were really my "style" as well, so I understand if there's nothing you can do about some of these items.

Mike1158

Post by Mike1158 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:48 am

Much appreciated and valued assistance doods. :D