Forum Polanum

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
dziki rex

Forum Polanum

Post by dziki rex » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:45 pm

This is really experimental rendering. I took someones model of Forum Romanum because this is easily recognizable archetype of public space in the ancient world. All movies like Gladiator took place in such scenerio. Then I checked what would happen if you add some smog and typical contemporary objects which are cluttering the public spaces . The results are rather shocking. I din't changed anything in the architecture of this place but the objects we often didn't recognize as significant in the surrounding changed the appearance of this space completely.

I think this could be helpful fore me in future when I want to convince other people in my city that good architecture and spending money is not enough. ;) Unfortunately many places in Poland looks like this despite a lot of investments had been made. It looks that we should start to spend money in a different way if we want to have proper results.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Forum Polanum

Post by Fletch » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:23 am

Interesting concept! It does demonstrate powerfully the effects of time and machine on a space.
I hope you will develop this concept further.

The second image needs contrast/depth. The first image for some reason seems low quality, but I can't place why. I suspect it's the low-quality material textures. :!

To attach images to your forum post, look below the forum text box for the tab called "Attachments" and click on "add files".
Attachments
ALbiT2u.jpg
ALbiT2u.jpg (207.23 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
H1B4nBL.jpg
H1B4nBL.jpg (148.25 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
enhanced darks in foreground
enhanced darks in foreground
H1B4nBL-support.jpg (344.67 KiB) Viewed 3572 times